Piers Anthony opinions

Trinity

Veteran X
So i just got done reading Death Rides a Pale Horse...it was amusing, he was a bit impressed with big words but the story was good. Anyone read the others in the series? I'm wondering if they are worth picking up.

Shade is such a fag omg...seriously :closet:

you would love to fuck me cock sucker. your car is the flavor of a pussys car and you suck at feeding fish. :grimreape

back in the day I really enjoyed the xanth books. I read up through Faun & Games, the 21th book.

good stuff

I pretty much decided I had outgrown Piers Anthony when I was about 17. On A Pale Horse was my favorite book he ever did though. I didn't get nearly as much enjoyment out of the next two books in the Incarnations series, and then I stopped reading them. However I also really liked the first Adept trilogy, which was an interesting crossover between sci-fi and fantasy.

And whatever you do, don't read Ghost. Bad, bad book.

Sounds kinda like orson scott card. I didn't like ender's game or ender's shadow because I felt they were rather immature. I also didn't get why that other kid would be so eager to recieve parents.

I have read them all and have the comic mini series of on a pale horse.

I like on a pale horse the most but bearing an hour glass was a VERY cool concept IMO. The whole series and the world its in is great.

On a pale Horse -Death
Bearing an Hourglass -Time
Wielding a Red Sword? -War
The Tangled Skein -fate

er..then there was the devil, cant remember the name...read it long after the others.

my wife thinks he is sexist.

i read all the xanth novels growning up in elem / middle school

those were fun reads

his older stuff is alright

DruMAX said:
I have read them all and have the comic mini series of on a pale horse.

I like on a pale horse the most but bearing an hour glass was a VERY cool concept IMO. The whole series and the world its in is great.

On a pale Horse -Death
Bearing an Hourglass -Time
Wielding a Red Sword? -War
The Tangled Skein -fate

er..then there was the devil, cant remember the name...read it long after the others.

my wife thinks he is sexist.

On A Pale Horse
Bearing an Hourglass
Wielding a Red Sword
The Tangled Skein
Being a Green Mother (Nature)
For Love of Evil (Evil/Satan)
And Eternity... (God)

Out of the seven, On A Pale Horse and For Love of Evil are the two best, For Love of Evil actually is my favorite becuase Hell is just not what it seems and being Satan isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Wielding a Red Sword was pretty good, Being a Green Mother and The Tangled Skein were just so-so. And Eternity was boring, and Bearing an Hourglass just kinda sucked, tho it is neat how being the Incarnation of Time works.

Once you become Time you live backwards in time until the point of your own birth, at which time you just go *poof!* from existence, Time can halt this backwards travel only temporarily, but for the most part is completely isolated from even the rest of the Incarnations.

BTW the book for Total Recall was actually sorta back-ported from the screenplay. The screenplay being loosely based on "We Can Remember It For You Wholesale," a Philip Dick short story.

Considering that bizarre layer of indirection, Anthony did okay with the book. I don't remember being thrilled with it, but it was a good light read.

Back