[PICS] Deployable Catapult

byteasc

Veteran X
This has been mentioned before, but there is a Deployable Catapult in the game, obviously it isn't in any of the Beta Maps.. but! Here are pics

Step 1: Acquire!
cata0.jpg

Step 2: Take to Deploy Spot
cata1.jpg

Step 3: Deploy and Use
cata2.jpg

Works just like the normal Catapults in Winterlake, maybe a lil more boost, hard to tell...

I like the catapults, btw. I thought I'd hate them. I was imagining something more like the sort of springboard you see in certain mods that send you flying halfway across the map. But these are nice. They're not overpowered, and not useless either. They give a nice little push that can be used to start a good route, but not so much as to remove skill from the game. :bigthumb:

Edit: I assume the pics are either from TribesED or from an earlier version of Beta.

Ceiling_Fan said:
Edit: I assume the pics are either from TribesED or from an earlier version of Beta.
He probably just edited some of the scripts. They can't be from TribesEd because you can't load up maps that you create in it yet.

The deployable catapult is real, and is in some of the other maps that the early beta testers saw. The just aren't in the open beta maps.

Back