PICKUP This weekend [Crater & Katabatic]

Zio

Veteran X
Clan COBRA will be hosting yet another public pickup game this Friday and Saturday beginning at 9:00pm, and continuing until you can't play anymore! Featuring the maps Crater and Katabatic maps ONLY!!!

We want to thank everyone in advance for your participation since your comments will help to balance these two maps. Both of these maps are designed for a lot of players so we really need a full server to truly test them.

Any pre game info will be sent out in our IRC channel #clancobra

Also, because neither of these maps have become public property yet, we aren't going to post them here for anyone to dlownload. You'll need to ask for the direct DL link in our IRC channel or PM myself here at TW or in our COBRA forums.

Password to the server will be - pickup

Ventrilo connection information is as follows...

Hostname - nsxs3.nrgservers.net

Port - 3504

Password - pig

ventrilo_info.jpg

Hope to see you all there!

Here are a few screens of the maps for the pickups.

Last edited:
Naaah not yet. We need the BIIIIIIIIIIG ones from T2. A mapper just needs to take a 512x512 terrain and scale it like 8 times the size. :-D Make sure the layer maps are bigger, but for the goal, you're all set. :-D

KATA AND CRATER WILL RULE THE DAYS!

(hey zio, could you send me kata? jnic@adelphia.net)

Rooster, Kata is over 16 megs. I doubt I can send through your e mail.

If you want the map, please participate in the pickup. I won't even discriminate against you! ;)

If you've ever tried the map Rightfully ours, you'll get the opportunity to see what a really huge map in T:V feels like. It's probably 5 times the size of Crater! But in my opinion, it was completly un-fun to play since you were just battling the terrain to get to the other side.

Rooster128 said:
I got g-mail, not sure about my invites... I think its something like masta_foo302@gmail.com ??

by now everyone and their mother has gmail though.

hurm... zio, you couldn't .rar it? usually that compresses it 30%

Rooster, it's not my map in the first place. Wonder asked for a closed test of his map before release and that's what I'm going to give him.

If you don't like it, or you expect special privlidges that you do not deserve, too bad. If you want to play the map, simply show up to the pick up in our IRC early, get the links that will be posted. DL the maps, and participate in the pickup.

What's so difficult about that???

Zio said:
Rooster, it's not my map in the first place. Wonder asked for a closed test of his map before release and that's what I'm going to give him.

If you don't like it, or you expect special privlidges that you do not deserve, too bad. If you want to play the map, simply show up to the pick up in our IRC early, get the links that will be posted. DL the maps, and participate in the pickup.

What's so difficult about that???

YOU. ON IRC. NOW.

Back