[Pic] So I bought a new car

Mystic Reaper

Veteran XV
2004 Ford Mustang Cobra

my%20car.jpg

Got 0% for 72 months. Was planning on waiting to get an '05 GT, but I couldn't pass up this deal. 390hp stock, so much fun to drive.

I wondering how the deal went down?
Did you work with a saleshole, who gave you 3k off the sticker? And hadto discuss it with his "boss" 3 times?
Or did you have invoice numbers and speak with the fleet manager?

0% for 72 months? Wow, they're hoping you lose your job and the car is repoed, or they made a ton of money on the front end with service fees.
C'mon, put all the numbers up.
Cost of car
Amount you put down
Monthly payment
They had to make at least 3k to give you 0%. Probably more like 5k.

Last edited:
FantasticDamage said:
Should have waited on the 2005 stang. That thing is tiiiiight.

I agree, but I really fell in love with the concept they showed about a year ago, and the changes they made to the production version just didn't look right. The rear end just looks odd now. Still nice looking, and I'm sure it will grow on me. They won't be making a cobra again till '07 from what I understand, and thats what I've always wanted, for the sheer power for $ factor.

NoGodForMe said:
I wondering how the deal went down?
Did you work with a saleshole, who gave you 3k off the sticker? And hadto discuss it with his "boss" 3 times?
Or did you have invoice numbers and speak with the fleet manager?

I paid $500 over invoice.

btw, that thing gets a little over 400hp when put on a dyno, they say it's 390 for cheaper insurance and other things

cobra's are extremely fast, but they can't really handle too well... might want to invest in a suspension setup. i don't really like them, but so long as you enjoy driving it, that's good. yes, they're only 6spd manuals, so at least you can drive stick.

Machine Gun Joe said:
the only problem i have with it is that it looks the same as any mustang.

What he said. It offers a shit load of bang for the buck, but it looks just like the 6-cylinder Mustang. Additionally, the interior is typical Ford shitastic.

Still, I respect the car for its performance numbers. I just wish it had better build (primarily interior) quality and more unique styling.

Back