[Photography] Show and Tell Spring 2011 Edition

Dont listen to these morons.

Just apply sevenfold rectilinear phase coloration to the pixel level alpha wankosity.

Ask Triple for a preview of his book - it's all in there.

Thanks for sharing this. I've been trying to increase my photoshop skillz.

Oh the gif animated photos are pretty damn cool. Now I really want a 7d to try these

What about those gifs do you need a 7d for? Over, say, a Rebel T1i. Fast continuous shots?

I'm assuming those were made with continuous shots and not with a video, but I don't see why frames from a short high resolution video couldn't work nearly as well. Quality would suffer a bit, but it wouldn't be noticeable on web gifs.

What about those gifs do you need a 7d for? Over, say, a Rebel T1i. Fast continuous shots?

I'm assuming those were made with continuous shots and not with a video, but I don't see why frames from a short high resolution video couldn't work nearly as well. Quality would suffer a bit, but it wouldn't be noticeable on web gifs.

I think they are a combination of both, there is the still photo element, and the animation is added into it from video I believe. It looks like a matte of a still photo with an animation.

I think it's all video. He selects one frame, and masks in maybe 15-20 frames of video to get the motion where he wants it.

Its a nice technique. Wish I could try it.

The shots are too clear for all video, I stand by the photograph with a video matte element.

Well i mean it could be a photo - but with dslr video having the same "look" as a photograph now, I think production-wise it'd just be easier to shoot the video. I mean for one the HD resolution (and aspect ratio!) are going to be different than a 3:2 photograph, and the photo will have a higher res.

Not saying its impossible, in fact you can just fine. Its just far easier to pluck a clear frame from a video.

Back