[Photographs]Image Quality

KryptidE

Veteran XV
Situation: I have a good camera, Canon Powershot S3 IS. Though im still figuring out how to use the damn thing, it takes great picture quality. Now, when i try to resize the images, the resized image is less saturated/dithered and just looks like crap. I am using Adobe Photoshop to resize the images and have tried many different option to fix this.

Question: Is there a simple function/method im over looking? Is there a better program that will accomplish this goal?

thats only for upscaling, and even then, upscaling reaaaaaly big.

if hes just trying to resize the images (down), it should have zero effect on picture quality

yet for some reason the color looks like shit. as if i resized the image in mspaint

You didn't shoot in JPEG Basic + Small

i suppose i need to do some reading. cause that makes no sense to me. if the original jpeg file i open is 'perfect' then after i resize>save the image is flawed, what would it matter what setting i shot the photo in.

i suppose i need to do some reading. cause that makes no sense to me. if the original jpeg file i open is 'perfect' then after i resize>save the image is flawed, what would it matter what setting i shot the photo in.

It has everything to do with it, you obviously have no idea how the photographic system in general works. What you need to do is just do as I say and take lots of your credit cards and send them to me so I can tell you whats wrong.

btw one thing you could do is post a photo here so we can see if its just the way you're doing it is fucked up, or if its the image file it self or what ever else have you.

It has everything to do with it, you obviously have no idea how the photographic system in general works. What you need to do is just do as I say and take lots of your credit cards and send them to me so I can tell you whats wrong.

haha, ass. no i dont know how the photographic system works...have not spent the time yet.

I can't help the fact that he nearly fell for it. Don't blame me for knowing what I'm talking about then not using it to help out in anyway.

small basic looks good anyways idk wtf you're talking about

theres really no discernible difference between basic and fine

small basic looks good anyways idk wtf you're talking about

theres really no discernible difference between basic and fine

I am aware of that, it was a troll for a reason, which was to divert his attention away from the real issue while being somewhat funny to those who knew what I was saying. Also, you say there is no discernible difference, but I'm sure you only shoot in fine, like the rest of us... (at least when I'm not using RAWs because I love 30mb image files. :ugh: )

Back