pepsistuff is back

Sure, I agree you work with whatever you have to. I didn't say you couldn't. I said bad programmers write shit/"ugly" code.

The debt part, however, is exacerbated by bad coding. The more time it takes for someone to figure out wtf you were doing because of shit variable names, poorly structured, buggy code, the more debt builds up.

No code lasts forever. Shit code lasts less and is a nightmare.

:rofl:

bad code doesn't work properly

I do edit others unless needed but if it works it fucking works. To get picky about absoulte formatting is focusing on the wrong stuff

Have you read code complete? I have an extra copy if you want, I can send it to you.

Last edited:
bad code doesn't work properly

I do edit others unless needed but if it works it fucking works. To get picky about absoulte formatting is focusing on the wrong stuff

Have you read code complete? I have an extra copy if you want, I can send it to you.

fyi this attitude leads 2 disaster and innocent deaths in mechanical engineering and construction

always maximize ur form, no matter what ur discipline

even if ur doing fries @ mcdonald's u make sure u nail that 3 arch salt maneuver b/c u don't want 2b a lazy goddamned animal

That was the old one from years ago.
I forgot how we ran it...I know we had to plug it in, but forgot all the details.

any programmer who complains about code style immediately outs themselves as an amateur

those who have actually been programming for years in various codebases don't give a shit anymore and just make it work

this isnt true at all. I dont need some ass hat calling a function and passing another function that is passing another function so its 2500 characters across the screen so your function is 1 line.

L2Code where its readable. BRacket placement arguments are dumb but coding style does fucking matter when dealing with ppl trying to prove their m4d l337

Holy blast from the past. That was like 10 years ago. :lol:

I cleaned up with the script DMAUL and Bugs wrote. Had 109 packages delivered in a single day. Made like $3k flipping Disney movies on eBay.

Good times.

scheme was one of the most pain in the ass programming languages I had to learn, just in terms of formatting. so many goddamn parentheses

that's one where formatting was incredibly important

but it could also be used effectively in the obsfucating code contest

Holy blast from the past. That was like 10 years ago. :lol:

I cleaned up with the script DMAUL and Bugs wrote. Had 109 packages delivered in a single day. Made like $3k flipping Disney movies on eBay.

Good times.

We did too, but we ended up with Towels, hoodies, shirts, flash drives, those photo keychain things...

It was to the point that my letter carrier told me I had to go to the branch to get the packages, she wasnt going to fill her jeep for one person. :lol:

Back