People tip at Starbucks?

Starbucks' coffee tastes like burnt charcoal compared to an even decent coffee place. I usually drink tea for the health aspect but I drink at least one cup of coffee a day; usually around lunch time. Seriously, anyone can make a coffee type drink taste good with lots of sugar, whipped cream, caramel and creamer. Not that hard at all. The only reason why people go to Starbucks is because its fucking everywhere and stupid people think its ultra neato to go there and bring their laptops.

I usually head for Dunkin's for my lunch time coffee and its further away than Starbucks. At night I found a great local place downtown so I enjoy going there maybe once a week.

Oh and Kapion is a fucking idiot.

I stopped reading at page 5. I am a former Starbucks manager. My store was one of the many in the OC. From what I've seen, the Starbucks employees in this thread (read: Kapion), don't know shit, and have been brainwashed by the Starbucks propaganda machine.

Starbucks is more of a candy shop than a coffee shop. They sell sweet things, not real espresso drinks. The recipes, and the way the baristas are taught to pull espresso shots, are designed to lessen the taste of the actual espresso. Next time you go to Starbucks looking for a mocha, just order a hot chocolate and save yourself a buck or two.

I'm not knocking on Starbucks for this...if it's what people want, it's a wise business practice to give it to them. What I do have a problem with is Starbucks employees who consider themselves some kind of coffee experts. Give me a fucking break. I'd trust your coffee knowledge as much as I'd trust a McDonald's employee to suggest a good grade of beef for hamburgers. To consider yourself as something above the dipshit offering fries with that is utterly moronic. Jesus Christ...Starbucks even have drive-thrus now.

Get a clue.

(XN)Wraith said:
I stopped reading at page 5. I am a former Starbucks manager. My store was one of the many in the OC. From what I've seen, the Starbucks employees in this thread (read: Kapion), don't know shit, and have been brainwashed by the Starbucks propaganda machine.

Starbucks is more of a candy shop than a coffee shop. They sell sweet things, not real espresso drinks. The recipes, and the way the baristas are taught to pull espresso shots, are designed to lessen the taste of the actual espresso. Next time you go to Starbucks looking for a mocha, just order a hot chocolate and save yourself a buck or two.

I'm not knocking on Starbucks for this...if it's what people want, it's a wise business practice to give it to them. What I do have a problem with is Starbucks employees who consider themselves some kind of coffee experts. Give me a fucking break. I'd trust your coffee knowledge as much as I'd trust a McDonald's employee to suggest a good grade of beef for hamburgers. To consider yourself as something above the dipshit offering fries with that is utterly moronic. Jesus Christ...Starbucks even have drive-thrus now.

Get a clue.

Bingo!

plus starbucks machines are getting more and more automated all the time

the only thing they do is push buttons and put whipped cream and sugar syrup on top of the faguccino

Back