pci express 16x

DermicSavage said:
its on some operton board already

so soon

btw, did you entirely miss the entire thing with intel's new chipsets?

dont even listen to anything that mentions intel, when they start making better gaming chips i might pay attention to them more. so yes i did miss that.

edit* link me to that opteron board that uses it
because i want it.

Atrocious said:
dont even listen to anything that mentions intel, when they start making better gaming chips i might pay attention to them more. so yes i did miss that.

yea well intel is already there, give AMD another month

thats just all in the card tho right, i mean its a much faster bus, quite a bit faster right? so its got way more potential

Atrocious said:
thats just all in the card tho right, i mean its a much faster bus, quite a bit faster right? so its got way more potential

16x vs 8x...you do the math

Thresh said:
16x vs 8x...you do the math

for nvidia, since they are using a bridge(on their current cards), it is equivalent to agp 16x(i think thats around 4 GB/s) but PCIe 16x goes up to around 8 GB/s

Even the newest cards today arent capped by AGP 8x, but for upgradeability, PCIe would be a better choice....

Although I would definetly wait for the nforce 4 chipset to come out first

think about the difference between AGP 8x and AGP 4x, that's roughly the same jump they're making here. Like they said, PCIe is better for upgrading, but your current performance probably won't reflect it.

The-ill-man said:
$$$ :D

ill be something in 4 years, then ill get something crazy then
Yeah, exactly...
I have 3.5 years to think about what i'll be able to buy in 3.5 years.

Back