Pc Help!!!!! Please

WiT

Banned
OK, I run defrag and ad-aware. Then I go to MS updates and dl some security patches. I then reboot and i get brought to safe mode options. No matter what option I choose my pc reboots and then go back to safe mode options. I have tried doing a win xp repair with the install disk but keep getting broght to safe mode options once install is finished. I really can not afford to loose whats on the HD, do a reformat is not wanted.

Thanks for any help

so you can't get into safemode at all? If you can, uninstall the windows updates...we've had problems at work with at least one of them making a Win2k PC go crazy slow (~10 mins to open control panel) ...we uninstalled it and it was fine.

I have a last resort that I working on now. I have another HD on the system. I have installed XP on it. The problem I have with this is that I cannot access my documents on the fucked HD. Is there away around access denied.

use the xp cd to boot into repair mode

do a chkdsk and just let it run until it fixes all the disk errors, chances are thats what it is.

Metropolis said:
use the xp cd to boot into repair mode

do a chkdsk and just let it run until it fixes all the disk errors, chances are thats what it is.

while doing this it get...

volume appears to be good or something like this
use /p to check anyway

when i type /p or p i get not a valid command
what am i missing?

hrmm not sure

do chkdsk /help for the command list

prolly just not typing it in right

edit: you typed chkdsk /p like that right?
not just /p on a seperate line...

edit: if that doesnt work, try booting while holding F8, then picking "last known good configuration"

Metropolis said:
edit: you typed chkdsk /p like that right?
not just /p on a seperate line...
This got me to run chkdsk thanks. Did not do anything though I am still brought me to safe mode options apon reboot though

edit: if that doesnt work, try booting while holding F8, then picking "last known good configuration"
This is with the safe mode options and when I choose this, the system still just reboots and goes back to safe mode options.

Thanks for help though

none.

btw is there a way to gain access to folders that access is denied.
I have installed XP on the back up HD and I need to get files from my documents.

i assume you have access to a second computer on the network the borked machine is on? or are you posting from elsewhere.

holy shit...

1. OK, I [strike]run[/strike] ran the defragment and the ad-aware. Then I [strike]go[/strike] went to MS updates and dled some security patches. I then rebooted and i [strike]get[/strike] was brought to the safe mode options. No matter what option I choose, my pc reboots and then it goes back to the safe mode options. I have tried doing a win xp repair with the install disk, but it keeps [strike]getting broght[/strike] going back to the safe mode options once [strike]install[/strike] the repair is finished. I really can not afford to [strike]loose[/strike] lose what[strike]s[/strike] is on the HD, i do not [strike]a reformat is not wanted[/strike] want to reformat.

Thanks for any help

------------
wow. i'm not perfect on english either but this is just... wow...

3. I have a last resort that I am working on now. I have another HD on the system,[strike]. I have installed [/strike] which has XP installed on it. The problem I have with this is that I cannot access my documents on the fucked HD. Is there an away around [strike]access denied.[/strike] the denied access?

Back