[PC] Call of Duty 4 or World At War?

Jamezeo

Veteran XV
Getting urges to play a PC shooter that has a rank/level type achievements system (being an rpg whore, it's the only thing that keeps me playing online shooters for prolonged periods now) and wasn't sure which is more active still. I had a blast with COD4 on 360.

Did everyone stick to COD4 after the WaW hype died, or are more people playing WaW competitively? I'd probably prefer COD4 since I can probably snag it on the cheap.

I'm still playing CoD4. The Multiplayer is excellent. I play 'tactical' hardcore (as opposed to normal damage) and there are only a few servers to play on. They're full all the time though and they're good quality servers.

Although I haven't played it, I would bet there are many more servers for WAW.

I have CoD5 on PS3 and CoD4 on PC.

I play the PS3 version more.

People just got too good for me on CoD4 --

I don't; play these games everyday for hours anymore so I am not the shot I used to be. I just end up getting killed on the PC version

I may have to pick up WaW just because it would offer more bang for my buck I guess, seeing as I've beaten COD4 already and gone through pretty much all the ranks in multiplayer.

the P90 certainly feels to be less bullshit after playing with some of the weapons in WaW for a while

the mp40 is a fucking joke of a gun. It's way too over powered, you get it at like level 10, and you can shoot from the hip and kill people easy cuz it has terrible accuracy.

total noob gun. People who use thhis gun and juggernaught are the worst little shits in the world

I onnly use the stg44 w/flash hider, the type100 with banana clip and the gewehr 43 with the grenade launcher.

mp40 + clip (lol like you need to use ironsights with this fucking thing) + juggernaut + second chance with the magnum is pretty absurd for non-hardcore especially. rifles in hardcore are insanely good on most maps

well, first off he said "PC" and "competitively" so that rules out WaW

from server numbers, 4 has 20k servers and WaW has 4k

gameplay, WaW feels like a watered down version of 4 in a different setting. most of the guns feel weird and weak to me, there is loltanks, and the spawn system is TERRIBLY worse than what 4's is. cant remember the amount of times it spawned me directly behind someone that was running for an easy knife. wat?

anyway, for competition, last i checked WaW doesnt have an equal to 4's promod or DAMN mod or whatever else they use in 4 now with leagues. not modifying that game for competition = fail

Back