paypal scammers?

LOL Internet

Veteran XV
you know the guys where you sell them your account then they claim you scammed them to paypal so they get their money back, then they have the account and the money?

is there anything you can do against this?

basically my friend just sold his account to some guy, got the money gave him the account then the next day gets an email from paypal that the funds have been frozen because of suspicion of fraud or whatever. so his account is back to 0.00.

He fucks you, you fuck back. Get the account back. As long as it's his original account... you'll need a lot of proof of identity, and it's a shitty process, but it's worth it when the guy is a fuckin douchebag.

1) Contact paypal and contest the chargeback

2) If they used a CC payment contact them and contest

3) Call blizzard and get your account back.

I know somebody who sold their account, and like 2 months later the person charged back, so he filed a report in paypal etc, and got the money AND account back, lol.

Here's what you do next time:

1. Sell your account on ebay (to someone who won't try to scam you)
2. Let them use the account freely for one month
3. Call Blizzard and tell them your account was hacked while you were on vacation and get your account back.
4. Goto 1

when selling the account how do you guys handle the secret question

luckily he never gave this guy the secret question so he can call blizzard on monday

my friend called paypal and they said that the owner of paypal account they payed with claimed he didnt authorize the purchase

is this what they normally do?

how should he go from here

Hmm...next time, send a certified letter to the user's verified paypal address with all the account information on it. That way, it can't be contested. You sent it to a verified paypal address and received a delivery confirmation and everything

certified letter?

certified is, I believe, a letter with insurance, delivery confirmation, and signature confirmation. You could probably just get away with sending a regular letter with a 55 cent delivery confirmation. Getting a signature would be better, but its a pain in the ass for legit people to have to be there to sign for things.

When is the world going to stop using the piece of shit service known as paypal? News flash, paypal always has and always will fuck over its customers at every turn. Tell your friend to only accept western union next time.

Back