Paul Newman's in a bad way :/

public

Veteran XV
article1024980018c4f920ie1.jpg

Film legend Paul Newman has made a brave public appearance amid reports he is suffering from lung cancer.

The 83-year-old cut a frail figure as arrived at fundraising event in Connecticut for his children's cancer chartiy, The Hole in the Wall Gang.

He mingled with Martha Stewart at the event, with the US domestic doyen posting photographs of the two on her blog.

The Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid actor has been suffering from ill health for many months and in May was forced to pull out of directing a production of John Steinbeck's Of Mice And Men, according to reports.

Frail Paul Newman steps out at charity event as he 'battles lung cancer' | Mail Online

Of course, it's Daily Mail reporting, but looks like even Cool Hand Luke gets old and weary :mecry:

She underlines the fuck scenes for ya? Jesus, if she underlines the fuck scenes for ya, she must worship the ground you walk on.

David Letterman said:
Paul Newman calls me up and he says, "Dave, I'm thinking of getting me a Volvo station wagon, and I'm gonna stuff a Ford 302 V8 engine into it. Do you want one?"

So you know, I'm thinking a Volvo station wagon looks like something you'd make in metal shop, and every time you see a Volvo it's got three kids getting car sick on a golden retriever, and I'm thinking these cars are so safe because in traffic other motorists slow down to check out how ugly they are. So intellectually I don't want a Volvo, but of course, internally it's Paul Newman. I say, "Yes, I'd like one."

So I'm aware of the fact Paul is more excited about this than I am. He calls me up from time to time and he says, "Have you picked out the interior yet?" And I said, "No, I haven't." Then he calls two weeks ago, and he says, "Dave, the cars are ready. WE got two, on for me, one for you. I've got to ask you a question. Do you want a puffer?"

I'm thinking, well, is that like a special inflatable seat? And I said, "Well Paul, are you getting a puffer on yours?" And Paul says, "Yeah, yeah, I'm getting a puffer on mine. It's a supercharger. This thing will turn about 400 horsepower, so if you pop the clutch you're gonna tear up the rear end. I tell ya, from 20 to a hundred you can chew anybody's ass."

And, you know, I'm thinking to myself, what circumstance would Paul find himself in driving around in a Volvo station wagon where he feels like he's gotta chew somebody's ass? But when Paul Newman offers you a puffer, I mean, you take it. You don't turn down Paul Newman.

Back