Palin Email Hacker-- Found Guilty

he's the son of a democratic house rep, ofc she is going to testify that it was a crippling blow to her candidacy

whole thing is bullshit- it'll be even more bullshit if he gets more jail time than mitnick did

There is something wrong with a judicial system that doles out comparable punishments for hacking someone's private account and rape.

There is something wrong with a judicial system that doles out comparable punishments for hacking someone's private account and rape.
Actually he's getting more time for obstruction of justice, because he tried to delete the evidence off his computer. That's the felony charge. The illegal entry into her e-mail is a misdemeanor.

Actually he's getting more time for obstruction of justice, because he tried to delete the evidence off his computer. That's the felony charge. The illegal entry into her e-mail is a misdemeanor.

Doesn't he have the right to delete his own hard drive? It is his property after all.

Doesn't he have the right to delete his own hard drive? It is his property after all.
I don't know if he did it after being informed of a search warrant or not. The Jury found him guilty. So evidently there is more than just "oh I'm gonna clear out some files".

I don't know if he did it after being informed of a search warrant or not. The Jury found him guilty. So evidently there is more than just "oh I'm gonna clear out some files".

No doubt. But this conviction reeks of politics.

:ftard:

So, Obama smoking means he is unfit to make healthcare policy judgments?

I don't think any intelligent person would argue that, because Obama quit smoking. If anything, he's shown he's capable of learning about healthcare issues.

More to your point, if we use Rush Limbaugh as an example- he would not be fit to make healthcare decisions as he is an avid cigar smoker, and maintains a physique that is best described as "a meat show." If Obama still smoked, it would indeed cast aspersions on his ability to make healthcare policy judgments.

I don't think any intelligent person would argue that, because Obama quit smoking. If anything, he's shown he's capable of learning about healthcare issues.

More to your point, if we use Rush Limbaugh as an example- he would not be fit to make healthcare decisions as he is an avid cigar smoker, and maintains a physique that is best described as "a meat show." If Obama still smoked, it would indeed cast aspersions on his ability to make healthcare policy judgments.

To your point, I bet Palin has learned how to better secure her email account so she's capable of learning about security issues.

Besides, according to the NYT on February 28th:

But Mr. Obama, 48, continues to struggle to stop his 30-year smoking habit

Obama Passes Checkup but Struggles With Smoking Habit - NYTimes.com

Finally, as far as I know Rush Limbaugh is not the president or a policy maker and has no interest in making health care decisions for other people.

Last edited:

ummm

that was the point of the comment... no intelligent person would argue that, which makes it an excellent counter-point to the national security comment.

Whats the deal with Knoxville. When I was younger nothing happened here and now everything newsworthy seems to happen here

A while back we had the guy open fire in a church.
Had the McLean trial where the guy shot his wifes teenage boyfriend to death and then the trial was on every channel and he was found not guilty.
Had a couple minor school shootings where a person died.
Had a school shooting where the teacher shot the principals (at my step daughters school)
Had the shooting at the hospital the other day (at my ex's patient release doors, shes rn there)
Have the Christian/Newsome torture and killing. The trials were all over tv with the last one coming up.

I know theres more Im forgetting, but I never heard of all this stuff in TN when I was younger, much less Knoxville.

Last edited:
Back