Paladins in group PvP

Sabin Figaro

Veteran XV
I'd like to see some alliance tell me how pallies are fair in group PvP. I don't know their abilities or what not, but from my standpoint is they are almost an unkillable healer. In large scale PvP's it would be a waste to go after the paladin because they just don't die, yet they can sit in back and heal everyone.

As a priest I can be killed very easily by a rogue, and horde seems to have no answer to a plate wearing healer. And don't say frost shock because that doesn't win huge PvP battles.

Last edited:
paladins do fairly well in a support role. since they dont have dps and they don't have a snare, i see most of them assisting on targets with hammer of justice, an occasional repentance on runners, and cleanse/heals. unlike a priest, a paladin has staying power, so a smart paladin who looks out for his teammates more than he focuses on getting kills is a huge asset.

yes that is my basic arguement... a smart paladin can have a huge effect on a battle if he stays back and heals because he is just so hard to kill

and when 1/4 of the alliance members are pallies it gets tough

We heal, we cleanse, we stun runners, we buff, we occasionally hit things, we protection casters, and we res!

Viper Sting and Mana Burn are your best friends, we have 3-4k mana tops.

Paladin will find themselves in their most useful role as dedicated healers and dispellers.

They're like gimped priests except for one huge advantage:

They. Can. Not. Die.

I wreck Paladins without mercy on a day to day basis... warriors seem to be able to kill them just fine. With one finely placed Pummel their whole fight is over.

Archimedes said:
I wreck Paladins without mercy on a day to day basis... warriors seem to be able to kill them just fine. With one finely placed Pummel their whole fight is over.
Warriors can kill paladins just fine 1v1, but in group pvp, in the time it takes to kill one Paladin, you could have killed 5 other non-plate wearers.

Pallies cannot just sit back and heal everyone. They are not efficient healers. Just keeping a couple ppl alive, a pally can burn through ALL of his/her mana in a matter of seconds.

example of how pally is used in raiding places like tarren mill:

my old guild would send the pally group (1 group filled with nothing but pallies) into TM and aggro all the guards, they would pull them back to the little hill near the gryphon guy, and the mages would aoe them all til they died. then 3 of the rogues from the rogue group would patrol around the priests and mages kinda protecting them, while the other 2 stayed stealthed near their gryphon guy and snagged anybody who landed.

when the guards respawned, send the pallies back in, etc.

The thing is, beyond the heals, there is also Blessing of Protection. Shields without damage limits are plain gay. 6 seconds of invulnerability on a target is a long time. Throw that on a mage, have him blink in and AoE. By the time you realize that the Blessing is on him, he's killed half your group.

And then if a priest gets rogued, a quick Blessing and priest owns anything around him.

Pretty much, stick a damage limit on both their shields, and people wouldn't have so many problems with them.

Ah, thought you could still cast, since you can be damaged by magic, figured magic could go out too.

Even so, it still means, 6 seconds of a target being invulnerable. That means switching to a new target hoping to kill them in 6 seconds. Be nice if you could get an entire PvP group on a voice comm to immediately call out for dispel/purge, but at least on my server, most of them haven't realized voice comm necessity.

You CAN cast through blessing of protection. Thrakesh is mistaken.

Magic goes in, magic goes out. You cannot be effected by melee or ranged physical attacks.

Divine shield makes you immune to all dmg, removes all status effects, and you cant deal any dmg.

The other paly buble, that "pacifies" you, you are immune to physical dmg only (i think) and can cast non-target spells, like aoe.

sorry - I was mistaken. I guess that would be a pain - but all you would have to do is hit them with an instant cast spell to stop their aoe.

If you're saying Warriors can kill paladins just fine in 1v1 you're fucking retarded...I am RARELY beat by a warrior and the only time it comes even slightly close is if they have the Arcanite Reaper or another front end loaded weapon.

Other then that my Holy Paladin with Hammer of the Titans fairs way more than fine against a warrior.

i only have problems w/ shadow priests w/ my Paladin, i laugh at almost everything else, 2 rogues is a pain, most warriors its just a battle of attrition that they lose

Back