Paintballers

like i said before buy a spyder shutter... good investment.

as far as pricing goes you get what you pay for. spyder shutters are pretty much the new rental gun, replacing the tippman pro-lites. they can compete with many high end guns but they can never ever be compared to them, meaning they will fire paint, fast, and fairly consistant but they will never ever perform as well as a nice autococker or angel.

the nice part about an autococker is that they are by far the fastest mechanical guns. they are also incredibly low pressure if you know how to sweet spot the regulators and such.

btw if anyone is on LI and wants to play some paintball im going sometime next week at happauge.

GB.Arkady said:
I'll take that as a no, and continue looking..

thanks for the animation...

:D

Ark
Just look at it!

1. Its made of plastic
2. Its got a pump on it, so think of a mp5 vs shotgun
3. The barrel is shorter than the average dick, so goodbye accuracy
4. It runs on 12 gram C02 cartridges, which arent cheap compared to a big refillable tank.
5. That pump not only slows you down a LOT, its also a bitch to pull back.

The talon is basically no good at everything

[OO]Machine said:
Just look at it!

1. Its made of plastic
2. Its got a pump on it, so think of a mp5 vs shotgun
3. The barrel is shorter than the average dick, so goodbye accuracy
4. It runs on 12 gram C02 cartridges, which arent cheap compared to a big refillable tank.
5. That pump not only slows you down a LOT, its also a bitch to pull back.

The talon is basically no good at everything

it costs $25... thats how much 200 paintballs cost... meaning its a piece of shit

wOrrgames 2k3 Autococker > * Great quality gun. Never buy a gun unless its an autococker, 'nuff said.

I got a Tippmann 98 custom to start with, and a 14" progressive barrel. It's just fine for starting out, and they get some decent range and accuracy in the woods. I have been out three times since I got it, and I have not broken paint yet. The lot cost me less than $200 to put together.

One thing not to skimp on is your goggles. Get a good brand of thermals - if they fog up, it won't matter what kind of gun you have.

Someone showed me this site when I was first looking for an entry gun. Check it out for some good info: http://www.pbreview.com/

Ya goggles, imo, will add more to your game than a gun will price wise. I have a pair of Spectra Proteus goggles with the fan and thermal lense. That ran be about $120 but you can probably find it for a bit cheaper online. They're the best goggles on the market basically.

pbreview.com is a great site.

proteus arent the best but they are damn good, light comy easy to see out of. dye invision are the best goggle systems out right now... for your money the JT spectra thermals are the best...

anyway i gotta get my gun timed soon i wanna enter a tournie next month before i go away for the entire summer

i got a nice pair of ravens
my favorite mask so far

:cool:

seeing as you dont really know much about paintball at all, id suggest a spyder compact package
hell you get everything and for a good price
its not bad at all either!

remember, no matter what anyone tells you, in woodsball its moreso the player than it is the gun

I agree, start with a spyder to make sure you like paintball. However be aware once you move up to higher level guns you shoot alot more paint. Playing one day casts me just under $100, and when i first started i thought people who spent $1000+ on their markers where nuts. Now i'v put just over $1000 into my impulse and other equipment.

also get a quality mask, but try them on first. I love my Invisions, some people dont.

P.S. DYE rules

Last edited:
Back