owning your own email server / forwarding email / decoy addresses

SegaRob

Veteran X
So right now I have a forwading service, but they're kind of unreliable so I'm looking to setup my own server. The concept is that I can give each website a unique decoy address and then block them if they spam me.

So let's say I have a@sr.com, b@sr.com ... z@sr.com and they all forward to me@gmail.com. And I can add or delete the decoy addresses as becomes necessary. How can I set this up without paying out the ass?

Thanks in advance.

I think every web-hosting package I've ever had has offered as many email addresses as I could ever want.

Wow, you want to set up your own mail server eh.

You have a choice of Windows (Exchange) or *nix with a multitude of flavours.

The easiest would be "Surgemail" (google it) it will do what you want. They even offer a free version.

Just do the world a favour, learn, study, understand, eat sleep and BREATH the concept or "Relaying" make sure you understand it like you do the wrinkles on your cock.

there are free services out there that will offer you one-time email addresses to sign up for shit... or am i missing the point?

there are free services out there that will offer you one-time email addresses to sign up for shit... or am i missing the point?

there's a bunch of free extensions for firefox that do this

you can even customize how many emails they forward before shutting down

:lol: @ segarob doing it the extremely hard way

there's a bunch of free extensions for firefox that do this

you can even customize how many emails they forward before shutting down

:lol: @ segarob doing it the extremely hard way

which firefox extension?

having your own server is pretty much and gives you more control. i don't think it's a terrible idea.

you sign up to bullshit with "spam:" before your gmail address and it will send it to spam filter (aka folder) when it is received.

or you can create any other filter on gmail and use it IE facebook:yourfaggotname@gmail.com

you sign up to bullshit with "spam:" before your gmail address and it will send it to spam filter (aka folder) when it is received.

or you can create any other filter on gmail and use it IE facebook:yourfaggotname@gmail.com

i get an error message when i try to do that. says email address is not properly formed.

uhh..google apps for domains.

50 accounts plus good filtering. Plus you can do stuff like me+sears@mydomain.com to tag stuff as sears or whatever.

I use google apps for my domains and it is awesome.

Back