Only nerds from the 90s still use IRC.

IRC is the way to chat outside of America for some.

Some Romanian exchange student in high school wanted to chat with us in the evenings and asked if any of us had "MEER-erk."

It took me awhile to understand because I always called it "em eye are see."

This was in 2000.

IceChat7 FTW!!!

I have been in a warchat all week for 2 different MMORPGs.

Whatsit2ya

I came into this thread to post about ICQ and was soundly trounced.

:(

I really liked ICQ I think the ID# is what did them in though.

6375961 bitches. I have no idea how or why I remember that as I haven't used ICQ in this millenium. I can also remember the combination on a lock I haven't seen in years, but I still don't know any of my parents' phone numbers.

I had a 6 digit at one point, too.

I was so terrible at remembering my locker combination in HS I had to use a marker and mark RED for the first number, WHITE for the second number, and BLUE for the third number. I was a very patriotic student in my youth.

So fuck ICQ numbers

i really liked ICQ before they added ads into their program. It was nice being able to send people messages offline

but now I just use a pounce server for aim

edit: holy shit, i just went to the ICQ website and logged in.

here is what I wrote in my "About Me" section:
i am so cool!this is a cool site,please visit secretsofcirca.8k.com .its my site and i hope you like it

Last edited:

i really liked ICQ before they added ads into their program. It was nice being able to send people messages offline

but now I just use a pounce server for aim

edit: holy shit, i just went to the ICQ website and logged in.

here is what I wrote in my "About Me" section:
i am so cool!this is a cool site,please visit secretsofcirca.8k.com .its my site and i hope you like it

sounds like my first site... it had a list of my magic cards, favorite star trek episodes, doom2 maps i made, and video game midis :p:

id laugh at that site wufei, but i had a very similar site for starcraft when i was younger.

Back