Online poker

I always laugh at the people who say they can't play poker because of the players are "too stupid."

It's as if they think they'd be making more money playing a table with Hellmuth, Chan, and Ivey.

-§trife- said:
Those are the players that make poker profitible for the people that know what they're doing.

most of the time, but when you are looking at a $90-100 pot that river card can be soooo scary. I guess that is why I probably would not bet very heavily on 2 pair. Same thing happens with fools that play pocket 2's all the way to the river. Or in tournaments and they go all-in on a pair of pocket 3' or 4's pre-flop.

The only people who think poker is all luck is people who dont know how to play poker.

and by 'poker' I mean texas hold em since that's the discussion at hand. I'm sure there are some games that involve cards out there that are indeed only 5% skill.

im leaning towards a 60/40 luck-skill split... if it was entirely or mainly luck, how else are the same 4-5 people coming back to the final table of world series of poker each year?

Back