omg plz help - linksys router

chunky munky

Veteran X
So my router decides to turn retarded in the last 24 hrs.

I can ping from PC to Linksys.

I can ping from Linksys to DSL modem.

I can ping from Linksys to google.

I CANNOT FREAKING PING FROM PC TO ANYTHING BESIDES ROUTER.

im going insane

sounds to me like your router does not have a default route set, or you do not have the right gateway specified on your computer, but have everything else right.

Alot of firewalls (IE what your POS Linksys "router" really is) actually die by doing exactly this, not routing between it's interfaces, so it might have died.

You may wanna try doing a "factory reset" however that works on it.

If that doesn't fix it, sounds like a new paper weight to me.

It was working just fine yesterday and I have made NO changes.

I tried defaulting the router. No luck.

Since then I have upgraded firmware and restored config that was working before today.

Average life span for one of these, which is why I refer to them as POS :)

Call tech support and that's exactly what they'll tell you. It's dead, you did all proper stuff in finding out it's a paper weight.

Welcome to my everyday job, except I do it for anything for the size your working on up to $1 million+ setups.

Sounds like yer due for a call to india

Everytime I hear that brand it reminds me of all the dumbasses who would call me at charter

Honestly any "home networking" equipment is POS, that is exactly why it is so cheap. :)

I'm probably one of the biggest Cisco fanboys there is, even though Linksys is a Cisco name, they admit "Home networking" is crap and they have known product lifetimes that are published soon as a product is released.

I would probably go with Linksys if it's just for home :)

But theyre about to phase out Linksys and just put out POS Cisco "Home networking" stuff, but you gotta admit, you got 3 years of good use out of what you paid for it. :)

I actually have an enterprise class router on my DSL though lol.

I've actually got a Netgear wireless router that I've had since 802.11g first came out, it's ok, but if I don't use wireless for like more than 2+ months at a time, I notice I have to reset it to get the wireless to come back up.

It's a WGR614 v4, taking up one of my static IPs behind my router lol.

Back