[Oktoberfest]Give me advices

get really drunk, find a secret door, yodel, and get more drunk

Naw, do the opposite. Drink slow, and stay sober talking to the chicks. Unless you have "The Look" they'll move on if you're drunk.

You can get drunk on German beer right now and get it over with. Go to the grocery store, buy a case of Becks, and drink until you puke.

Last edited:
seriously, pace yourself and be sure to eat

i got blackout drunk by 2pm and had to go back to my hotel
total amateur hour

oh and if you really wanna be prepared, look up "octoberfest songs" or something so you can sing a long. i basically knew "country roooooad, take me hoooome, to where i beloonngggg, west virginiaaaa" ... everything else was mumblings, except for "PROST"

Last edited:
enjoy. idk. i'd recommend going to Erlangen's festival instead (if it's going on at same time)

it's on a mountainside instead of flat field. beer naturally cave-cooled.

Pro Tip

Tip big time for the first couple beers and your waitress will make sure to keep checking on you. They are EXTREMELY busy and not being a tight ass will ensure your glass never goes dry.

i hear that's the better oktoberfest thing anyway sascha, just less well known
yeah that's basically what i was saying. everything about it is better. the terrain, the people, the beer, the festivities (rides, live music, etc), the town.

Never went to Oktorberfest in Munich, went to the Bad Dürkheim wine festival though. That was kick ass. If it's anything like that expect piss drunk Germans dancing and singing on tables and slaughtering Sweet Home Alabama when the band starts playing it. Also, a shit ton of people.

Back