[OFP2] Anyone have it yet?

Syndicate_X

Veteran X
I'm in Orlando FL area and no EBgames or anyone else for that matter has gotten it in yet. They are saying tomorrow. Just curious if any of you whores got your claws on it yet...

OFP2 = Operation Flashpoint 2 Dragon Rising

Last edited:
it was "released" today, but from the looks of it, no one will officially have it until tomorrow, the 7th. I'm bummed...

Haven't been following this development. Is it going to be good like the first, or are the "console-izing" it just like every other game?

Apparently they didn't pull anything out or dumb it down for the console. There is a dev video where they are talking about that specific fact. All they did different was map the controls to a console controller. Other than that it's the exact same game as the PC minus the level editor.

Im really looking forward to this game.
All the COD4 fans will probably hate this game for the same reasons I love it.

I'm tired of the COD series, I like the open freedom rather than the small intense maps with bottlenecks and corralling... Given MW2 looks like it will be action packed, and good visuals, but it can't compare to the realism delivered by this game. It reminds me of Project Reality for BF2..

Ill be playing infantry allot. I love setting up insertion strategies, and re conning area's with my 50 cal sniper rifle at the ready.
Marking targets and calling in some artillery just before sending in your squad then covering them with sniper support.
Its great when everything falls together and you pull off the mission knowing it was your plan, your implementation, and your wit to adapt to the unforeseen that is the reason for your success.
very rewarding game play, but you really have to have patience and realize that most combat takes place beyond 100m so your rambo COD tactics are useless.

It's on Steam now.

The MP Trailers looks like the gameplay is a little bit CoD:Modern Warfare with Tanks and Helicopters.

Apparently they didn't pull anything out or dumb it down for the console. There is a dev video where they are talking about that specific fact. All they did different was map the controls to a console controller. Other than that it's the exact same game as the PC minus the level editor.

- No dedicated servers PC and console alike
- Mission editor supports a max of 64 AIs and/or players at any given time (although you can kill 63 guys then spawn 63 more), again PC and console alike
- You cannot edit/create missions on the console, I believe

- No dedicated servers PC and console alike
- Mission editor supports a max of 64 AIs and/or players at any given time (although you can kill 63 guys then spawn 63 more), again PC and console alike
- You cannot edit/create missions on the console, I believe

-I'm sure the PC community will find a way around that eventually.
-I said that in the post you quoted.

Codemasters pulled a Dynamix, I understand there's no cd-key for multiplayer and even the 'ahoy matey' version of the game can play multiplayer.

It won't be as good as Battlefield 2 Project Reality, no dedicated servers and no join in progress - you have to lobby up for PvP matches - just try to get 32 people to click 'ready' button.

However, Co-op might be decent as you can play the entire campaign 4 player co-op.

The AI can swing from being amazingly brilliant one moment and completely brain dead the next.

i'm playing it now - it's 'ok' and I like military sims.

your friendly AI teammates in single player are painful to play with at times. Though they'll sometimes kill guys you don't see which is nice. Other times you'll be shooting and they won't respond till you fuck around with the lovely Rose Communication system they have in place. It's constant micromanagement.

People say it's hard but I'm not finding that at all really. Enemy AI are not too accurate. They're actually better than friendly AI though. If you shoot at a patrol for example they'll all go prone and crawl to cover while some return fire.

Gameplay is bland, you run to one place - shoot some guys - blow up something. You don't get the wartime experience where it's you and an platoon of guys or more. But I'm only a couple missions in the game (out of 11 I think).

Oh and no custom kits btw. You look for "crates" and you find some guns there. Not being able to customize your load out is dumbing things down enough for me.

Co-op could be fun if you actually know ppl who have it, otherwise I don't see you playing this game more than once when you beat it.

6/10

Last edited:
co-op is terrible.. the checkpoint system doesn't work, so if you both die or fuck up an objective you have to repeat the whole level

Back