[OFN][Riddle]only 2% of world population can solve this

LOGICAL approach

You're answer is most likely the correct one the person asking the question expected. Of course in reality if you examined such information gathered and decided the German had the fish and must die. You would be highly distraught when you killed the german and captured his pet turtle instead.

Last edited:
Ok, this has most likely been already said BUT EINSTEIN MEANT THAT IT SHOULD BE SOLVED WITHOUT PEN AND PAPER! Even a moron can do it with Pen & paper (or Excel).

Also, it sucks because you can't solve it by 100% logical thinking, you must take the trial and error route :/

edit: At least after solving it in 10 mins with Excel about a year ago I came to conclusion that Einsten must've meant solving it without pen and paper, because it seriously isn't hard. Otherwise average people's IQ must've risen a lot since his times..

solving without pen/pencil/charts/etc only adds memorization to the puzzle which isnt an IQ factor therefore einstein did not imply such a restriction.

Dac, you are right.

Here are more holes that I have found after you have increased my brain capacity.

7. The owner of the Yellow house smokes Dunhill.
Just because someone owns a house doesn't mean they live in it. For all we know the White house guy owns the Yellow house but lives in the White one!!
8. The man living in the center house drinks milk.
This is seriously flawed, considering one house sitter drinks water, and no one else can drink water. How can this individual survive on a diet of no hydration?
12. The man who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.
Are you meaning to tell me NOBODY on this street drinks beer? What a boring street!!
13. The German smokes Prince.
They expect us to assume they are talking about a cigar, which is a misguided assumption. For all they know we may be more familiar with the chew, the dip, the cigarette, or the artist formerly known as. Again, with proper thinking and logic this puzzle is indeed unsolvable.

9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
First?? First what?! First prize? First built? First from the left? First from the right? First to own a television? Best looking? Without further details this is unsolvable.

PS:
Spoiler

You're answer is most likely the correct one the person asking the question expected. Of course in reality if you examined such information gathered and decided the German had the fish and must die. You would be highly distraught when you killed the german and captured his pet turtle instead.

This is the guy criticizing our super high IQ's? Blasphemy!!

This is the guy criticizing our super high IQ's? Blasphemy!!

My grammar is not so good for reasons which are highly ironic

but yes this question is full of even more holes, unfortunately some of yours are ungrounded as they say "homeowners" not who live there. But this leaves more holes such as the person living there is not the homeowner.

Also they do explicitly state cigar.

Last edited:
German has the fish, German also lives in the green house, drinks coffee, smokes prince. Amirite?

yup... heres my chart

order .. color .. nation .. drink .. smoke .. pet
1 .. yellow .. nor .. water .. dh .. cats
2 .. blue .. danish .. tea .. blends .. horses
3 .. red .. brit .. milk .. pm .. birds
4 .. green .. german .. coffee .. prince .. FISH
5 .. white .. swede .. beer .. bm .. dogs

- In each house lives a person of different nationality.

- These five homeowners each drink a different kind of beverage, smoke different brand of cigar and keep a different pet.

1. The British man lives in a red house.
5. The owner of the Green house drinks coffee.
7. The owner of the Yellow house smokes Dunhill.
8. The man living in the center house drinks milk.
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
11. The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
15. The Blends smoker lives next to the one who drinks water.
FUCKING INCONSISTENCIES I TELL YOU

Dac, you are right.

Here are more holes that I have found after you have increased my brain capacity.

Just because someone owns a house doesn't mean they live in it. For all we know the White house guy owns the Yellow house but lives in the White one!!
This is seriously flawed, considering one house sitter drinks water, and no one else can drink water. How can this individual survive on a diet of no hydration?
Are you meaning to tell me NOBODY on this street drinks beer? What a boring street!!
They expect us to assume they are talking about a cigar, which is a misguided assumption. For all they know we may be more familiar with the chew, the dip, the cigarette, or the artist formerly known as. Again, with proper thinking and logic this puzzle is indeed unsolvable.

First?? First what?! First prize? First built? First from the left? First from the right? First to own a television? Best looking? Without further details this is unsolvable.

PS:
Spoiler

Opsayo, don't ever leave these boards you and your dumb posts are funny

My grammar is not so good for reasons which are highly ironic

but yes this question is full of even more holes, unfortunately some of yours are ungrounded as they say "homeowners" not who live there. But this leaves more holes such as the person living there is not the homeowner.

Also they do explicitly state cigar.

But they didn't explicitly explain the word Prince, which is a major flaw making anyone who solved this an absolutely retarded sheep with no IQ whatsoever!!

Fuck stop being a sheep bro and pay fucking attention, just because they say homeowners doesn't mean they mean "live in the house," wtf!!

It's the german. It took me about a half an hour to solve but once I was able to break it all down into a table I was able to solve it.

same, i got out a pen and paper and drew the street, then crossed off every clue in word when i figured out which house they belonged to

took about half an hour for me too

i did it in MSPAINT
fish.jpg

i got the greenhouse german coffee prince fish

Dac is pissed because he had to look it up on Google. Why else would you be so anal about stuff that is so obvious to anyone else?

Yes Lineage one pet/drink/color/etc. per nationality and differing from all others.

You could just translate it into numbers if you felt like it. So that in the end you get 5 sequences of 6 numbers corresponding to: nationality, house color, drink, pet, house number order, smoke. (Of course you'd have to assign a number 1-5 to each of the things.) Then you just figure out which set of 5 sequences will differ from each other in each place and still satisfy the requirements.

That way would be way more fucking boring to solve. I'm kind of curious if it's easier or harder though. Though I don't feel like going through that crap all over again.

thats essentially the approach a data mining application takes and the ideal approach to the problem... although i used friendlier single letter abbreviations in sequence with ? to fill in unknowns.

it helps to resequence and compress the list once you've deduced the house color order which was my first deduction.

Prove the statement wrong, "The german has a hamster for a pet not a fish" using the above information.

Or use any arbitrary frame of reference. Right, left, and first break down without a set frame of reference and the problem becomes impossible.

also the question is by no means logically solvable

The problem is very solvable if you understand common usages of English and realize that the types of objects that distinguish each person are only revealed throughout the answers. I.e. reading the "riddle" from beginning to end mentions 6 groups of 5 similar objects and then gives basic rules for combining them.

If you want, you could transcribe it to be 5 sequences of 6 numbers (using 1-5) and then making certain rules, but that's pointless and boring. Stop being a douche. Stop thinking you're smart. The riddle is fucking obvious and as mentioned an 8 year old with pen, paper and patience could solve it.

FUCKING INCONSISTENCIES I TELL YOU

ya just because they own... doesnt mean they cant be renting out to the others.

and wat if they like to smoke their pets and have parents who are half german and half brit..

and fish drink water... who said the fish cant own a house and have a nationality :eek:

im serial this shits wack yo.

But they didn't explicitly explain the word Prince, which is a major flaw making anyone who solved this an absolutely retarded sheep with no IQ whatsoever!!

Fuck stop being a sheep bro and pay fucking attention, just because they say homeowners doesn't mean they mean "live in the house," wtf!!

I will try and write the riddle
under construction

- There are five boxes laid out in a room with a unique integer from the set 1,2,3,4, and 5 written on it somewhere, such that all numbers are used up and no box has the same number as another. No box contains another box inside of itself and their contents are unique and completely separate.

-Each box contains one ball which is unique to the box, colored from the set red, green, blue, yellow, and orange Each box also contains one unique to the box number from the set 6,7,8,9 and 10 such that no two boxes contain the same number. Each box also contains one unique to the box pet from the set fish,dog,cat,monkey and bird such that no two boxes contain the same pet. Nothing else is contained in each box besides one ball, the two unique numbers, and a pet.

Dac's riddle is: Which box has a pet fish contained within.

Necessary clues:

actually I won't finish it but leave it as an example of a non retarded question.

Back