Contributor
Veteran X
Searched for bf2142 bf2 and video :shrug:

b2.jpg

b1.jpg

http://totalbf2142.filecloud.com/files/file.php?user_file_id=156642

Last edited:
LoL Turrents LoL

Shows off a new assault gametype, sort of looks like a FPS version of C&C Tiberian Sun/Mechwarrior.

Lot of people hating on this game but it looks better than both ut2007 (instagib bullshit) or quakewars (insane system requirements), to me anyway, being it’s just a slightly tweaked version of the BF2 engine means I won’t have to fork over an arm and a leg to upgrade my computer, just have to hand over my soul to EA, oh well.

im hopin that because there isnt any real-life story present, they might take the opportunity to add more to the single player side of bf. id like to see a tactical/strategic side to it a la rome total war/empire at war, would make me actually care about the bf series.

Single player for a BF game? not going to happen. I imagine there will be co-op against bots, they're adding that with the next patch of BF2 even.

This new game type is essentially D&D, one of my favorites from Tribes.

Battlefield 2142 also introduces an all-new game type for the first time in franchise history: “Titan” mode, which challenges gamers to control the battlefield and destroy their opponent’s Titan - a massive flying warship - while defending their own.

GJ FILECLOUD

so i click download and it pops up this screenand it's like "free memberships have less wait time"

so I look at this shit and it's like "140 users - 4 minutes"

So I think "i can probably shave off a couple minutes by logging in" so i dig up my old PW and log in

"190 users - 6 minutes"

what the fuck.
Dangerdoggie said:
Nope, it's not a new engine, let's just call it a mod for BF2 or maybe even a $50 stand alone expansion pack hah.

It'll be out this fall.

so it's like BF:V

It said 6 min for me also, but it only took about a min to que up.

Yeah, like BF:V, minor tweaks to the graphics but hopefully a major overhaul of the UI, one could only hope.

floating ships....hmmmmmmmmmmmm, wonder where they got that idea

also one of the vehicles sure looks a lot like the MPB in t2

Got Haggis? said:

It makes me sad to think how these "revolutionary" games get their ideas from an 8 year old game that few people know about. :(

Got Haggis? said:
floating ships....hmmmmmmmmmmmm, wonder where they got that idea

I was thinking the same thing when watching the video.

mangaboy said:
Is this what T2 should've been like? Only time will tell...

2142 is the Dave G. vision of Tribes 2 if you ask me, unfortunatley for him he had to include skiing in T2(although he nerfed it) so he couldnt realize his dream, id say planetside was what he wanted T2 to be only 2142 looks like it might be fun, and actually have a purpose of playing

Yep, the jet pack is the only thing missing from most of these copy cats.

Titan mode? Just make CTF and be done with it.

Back