(ofn) KOTOR experts....quick question

slinkeh

Veteran X
...so i'm finally playing this game. needless to say it rocks...im wondering two things.

1) are the 'armor restricted' force powers only useable wearing Jedi Robes?

2)when you level up can you get rid of force powers you stupidly bought and re-use the points?? (i don't think so but its worth asking before i re-start from an old old old old save game)

thx ;]

(did i mention this game kicks ass? :D )

1. Yes. Restricted by armor means - no armor while using them...but you can have the implants, gloves, belt, headgear, and shields while using armorless force powers

2. No. Once you buy a force power or skill, it's yours for the duration. Be smart about it because of that. Lots of people waste unncessary powers leveling their gunnery skills, only to discover they will never use them past the first planet, which is only about 10% of the whole story. I'd also advise not levelling past 5 before getting to jedi school - even if you have the points to level much further than that - the reasoning behind this is you get more jedi powers than if you go to school at, say, level 10 or something. There's a level cap (20), so bear that in mind.

i rented it on xbox, got maybe 1/4th through, would get it for PC but don't want to play through the first 1/4th again, gotta buy it for xmas :/
anyway, i don't think you can drop force powers. not sure about your first Q, but i think it may work with light armor? dunno

slinkeh said:
looks like robes are really the only way to go if you want to use most of the cool force powers :eek:

Depends. As a guardian, you get some pretty neat lightsaber based force powers that disregard armor entirely, and you can play through the game as a lightsaber badass, which is fun.

i screwed up and bought dumb upgrades on the first planet... gonna live with it until i go through as dark.

slinkeh said:
looks like robes are really the only way to go if you want to use most of the cool force powers :eek:

Yes and no. There are some cool robes you can get later on, but...I found it kind of annoying to have to switch on force armor and all the other shit later on, just to bump my defense rating a few points. And most of the armorless powers are defensive in nature. It doesn't hurt your light-side rating to get some darkside skills either. 'Death' was particularly useful for me. I personally prefer the armor and a fairly good wisdom enhancer.

Also:

Spoiler

as a jedi guardian by the end of the game, you wont need any armor higher than the top light/dark robes, which you kill other jedis for

Armor restricts powers, robes do not.

There are some very nice robes later on in the game.

YOu cannot drop your force powers. Lets just say it's like an rpg, where you don't want to have lvl 1 in every skill, and no powerful skills at all. Spend your points wisely, padawan.

Back