[OFN]iTunes is a piece of shit

Slash

Veteran X
1.Won't burn cds if you have Daemon Tools installed, have to download a fix for that.
2. Won't convert downloaded songs into mp3's
3. Can't properly detect cds in the drive
4. Any burn failure(for any reason) causes iTunes to believe the cd is now unwritable(not true)
5. Limits amount of times you can burn downloaded songs.(learned this through research, because I haven't gotten it to burn anything)

tied-cyan1.gif

1.Won't burn cds if you have Daemon Tools installed, have to download a fix for that.
4. Any burn failure(for any reason) causes iTunes to believe the cd is now unwritable(not true)
5. Limits amount of times you can burn downloaded songs.(learned this through research, because I haven't gotten it to burn anything)

Burn your songs to a CD, rip them again as an MP3, problem solved. This works with any DRM-laden crap.

1. Won't burn cds if you have Daemon Tools installed, have to download a fix for that.

1. False. I do not have this problem.
2. Why are downloading something other then .mp3??? (only understable format is flac if you are a "audiophile")
3. You have a defective CD drive.
4. I've never had a burn failure.
5. Why are you paying for music from iTunes in the first place????

6. Genius is awesome, use it!

yes itunes is a huge resource hog, but you gotta give it some respect. it is damn good at what it does. i have never once had the program error and close on me. nor have i experienced any other problems such as those above. i pretty much only run AIM, iTunes, and bitdefender + internet at once, and i get no slowdown on my 4 year old laptop.

There are supposedly conversion programs for the DRM locked songs. They apparently just read the stream into memory and save again as mp3. Check around.

But yeah, don't use it for anything other than iphone backup. I don't even stream channels since I found out soma.fm has it's own site. =P

foobar2000

i only use itunes to add/delete shit from my ipod, i couldn't imagine that piece of shit program handling my pretty large music library.

genius is stupid.. i use itunes because of my iphone. but otherwise id prefer not to..

i run a quad core with 8 GB of ram and my mp3s will lag in itunes if i ask it to do certain tasks within itunes.. F that S...

Back