[OFN?] Getting a PS3 at Fry's costs more.

SockPuppet

HomeLan
Veteran X
Make sure you have that extra credit card activated.

I called my local Frys and they would not deny it, but they started to list the titles that came with it before they remembered they were told not to talk about it. So it might be true. If so I would hate to be one of the idiots waiting outside Fry's.

(I dont work at Frys this is from the article!)

I work in the software department (console games) at Fry's electronics. Today, my supervisor informed me that we would not be allowing anyone to purchase a PS3 without also purchasing 8 games. What a launch day surprise, right? Show up, wait in line for hours and hours, run into the store, and THEN find out that, sorry, we forgot to tell you, but you'll need to buy 8 games if you want the console.

At $60 a piece for the software titles, we're talking upwards of $1080 just to get a PS3 from Fry's.

Before you Wii fans shrug this news off, I was also informed that customers will be required to buy 5 Wii titles to be allowed to purchase a Wii console.

I was warned to tell no one about this, no matter what, even if they asked. So, of course, I'm telling you about it. Fry's, to the best of my knowledge, plans on getting customers into the store on launch day before informing of them of the ploy to manipulate more money out of desperate gamers.

8? 1 or 2 would be reasonable, but 8?

and by "desperate gamers" i think you mean "desperate ebayers"

it's a 'fix' to 'prevent' quick turnaround ebaying. after seeing that story about the ps3 launch in japan, this is certainly an expected knee-jerk reaction. i still wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of chinese and mexican day workers lined up at fry's, best buy, walmart, etc.

This is fucking awesome.

I would rather see the initial release happen in 2 phases, where phase 1 would cost you 2 or 3 times the normal price of the system, and phase 2 would be the normal price.

Ebay flipping does nothing but hurt the consumer and reward nerds.

This is fucking awesome.

I would rather see the initial release happen in 2 phases, where phase 1 would cost you 2 or 3 times the normal price of the system, and phase 2 would be the normal price.

Ebay flipping does nothing but hurt the consumer and reward nerds.

package jacking does nothing but hurt the consumer and reward companies

That's awesome, in a horrible way. I hate ebay turn-arounds, but christ i don't think i'd want to buy 8 games at once.

You could always get them, then return them unopened to the store. (or another store)

None of this really matters to me, i wont be getting either.

im no legal expert (unlike most of tribalwar) but wouldnt this loosely fit into the realm of price gouging?

hahaha

with each new video game system this whole launch thing becomes more and more ridiculous

are people that desperate to play fucking Tekken?

Wah
Isn't it great. If you want something you get to play the supply/demand game. If you don't have to have something then you get to pass on it.

If you don't like how the consols are being flipped, then don't buy one that's being flipped. Stop the crying.

Doesn’t fry's have no questions asked return policy? Just buy the games and return them later if you don't want them. Also, seems odd that the 1080 number appears in that tirade.

Doesn’t fry's have no questions asked return policy? Just buy the games and return them later if you don't want them. Also, seems odd that the 1080 number appears in that tirade.

lol 1080 is 3 full circles guys! Get it!?

No really, why is 1080 weird?

Back