http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/9002177

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/26861678

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/26861737
3dmark firestrike score - 29,103

Last edited:
Reactions: clu
ur gonna put an eye out with all those fps

no one needs a computer that powerful r u a HACKER

fairly sure based on pics these days that the more RGB lighting u have inside ur case the faster ur supercompute is

My PC is dying on me and has been for a while, but now the drivers are starting to fail and no matter how many times i rollback, uninstall and reinstall the drivers, the devices will not work, and more are failing as i type this. This morning, my printer decided to take a shit and refuses to scan or print. My mouse died last night but thankfully i still have a wired mouse in my office :lol: I built this in 2014 or so, has served me well but I have decided that i need a new rig.

2 items I am looking at:
Intel Core i7-8700K and the Corsair LPX 32GB DRAM 3000MHz C15 Memory Kit for DDR4 (2x16). I just need a mobo to go with it. Any suggestions aside from magnets or sandpaper?

I will eventually upgrade the vid card so i can play games again on my pc and not just the ps4.

Bout to head out for the day but will be back later.

trip, take note of the one review for when it arrives - "One stupid design is the piece of plastic marked 'AMP-UP AUDIO' that prevents you seating the 1080 Ti graphics card - it has no function whatsoever. Fortunately you can unscrew and remove it, then throw it in the bin."

I have the z270 version of the gaming 7 and it's fine with a 1080 but thanks for the heads up! I think I'll swap that out for an ASUS board.

If cost is no concern that looks fine. The peripherals seem a bit expensive.

Also the PSU is overkill. That system can run on under 500 watts easily. Even if you want to go SLI in the future a 750 can easily handle that system.

Systems lose efficiency when you toss a huge PSU in and don't use a lot of is capacity. Waste of electricity, money and bad for the environment. Shame on you.

I do admit I've never run water before....but it seems water cooling has matured and I read a good AnandTech review on that Corsair yesterday. That would be the one I would use. Noise seems to be its biggest drawback, but for me that's no concern. I just love how clean the system looks with a modular PSU and water cooling.

This is what I just ordered. And, I hang my head low in saying i bought it all through Amazon. I know, I know... what is a capitalist like me buying shit through Amazon? My local Fry's is pure ugh...

case: CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 ATX Cube Case, High-Airflow - Black

PSU - a 750w that is a recycle from my existing pc. No need to replace it so, i am not.

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K Desktop Processor 6 Cores up to 4.7GHz Turbo Unlocked

Cooler: CORSAIR HYDRO SERIES H115i AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, 280mm Radiator, Dual 140mm SP Series PWM Fans, Advanced RGB Lighting and Fan Software Control

Hardrives: SSD - 1tb, recycle; 2 10k rpm 1tb drives, also recycles.

MOBO: GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming - I think I skimped out here. Probably should have bought a better board but I am no longer into O.C.ing or anything like that so, didn't feel I needed it.

RAM: Corsair LPX 32GB (2x16gb) DRAM 3000MHz C15 Memory Kit for DDR4 Systems

Vid card: GTX970 is a recycle. I plan on getting a better card soon, I just need to research this more. As you all know, they are pricey and I want to make sure it will be better than getting another GTX970 and pairing them.

The K processors are designated unlocked for overclocking.

you paid an extra $100 so you might as well get the extra 13% out of it.

edit: the price difference isn't that great but still should try for 5ghz, or at least 4.9

Last edited:
my buddys system takes like anywhere from 2 to like 50 power button presses to power on

once its running its fine

and if you power it off for less than like half an hour it powers up right away

but if it sits for a while, its like it gets lazy and needs a bunch of prodding to get running again

wat u guise think it is

i guess swap out PSU and if that doesn't help its probably the mobo?

seen a lot of computer issues over the years but never like a ... 'lazy' power switch

It could be the psu, it could be something as stupid as the little power button wire being loose, the button on the case being bad..

If I had to guess I'd say it's the psu. Maybe it's holding some charge internally from being powered on and it loses it over time, making it difficult to start back up after sitting.

It could be the psu, it could be something as stupid as the little power button wire being loose, the button on the case being bad..

If I had to guess I'd say it's the psu. Maybe it's holding some charge internally from being powered on and it loses it over time, making it difficult to start back up after sitting.

yeh i considered the switch too, but tested by shorting the pins to power on instead of using the switch and same behavior

oddly enough, today it seems to be fine after i left it unplugged overnight

its an annoying thing to troubleshoot 'cuz to reproduce the problem i basically have to leave it off for 8+ hours

and even then, sometimes its perfectly fine :shrug:

Back