OFFICIAL Rover/Rocket Pod discussion thread

tvur.jpg

Rev said:
Irrational either needs to redefine armor roles or expect some intense balancing issues in the future.

Speaking from a position of ignorance, this was my disclaimer. If armor roles are really that redefined, then w/e. It's pointless to even think about what will work until we've all got working copies.

I can't tell if some of these ppl are being sarcastic or just dumb.

Whatever. Make the game better than t2 and both you guys ( :marweas: and
panda.gif
) are :bigthumb: in my book.

What is the deal with everyone saying how completely unoriginal rockets are? Without going to a level of Duke Nukem absurdity, there are only so many options for ballistic weapons. Would you guys be happier if it fired 6 kinetically-guided playing cards that traveled at a relatively slow rate with minimal splash damage?

The idea for the rocket pod seems sound. A weapon to counter vehicles that isn't really very effective unless used against... vehicles. But yes, we know. You don't know why, but it's unoriginal and you just don't like it. :)

That'd be a great idea. Just add in a model resembling this:

gambit.jpg

FugaZni said:
Would you guys be happier if it fired 6 kinetically-guided playing cards that traveled at a relatively slow rate with minimal splash damage?

FugaZni said:
What is the deal with everyone saying how completely unoriginal rockets are? Without going to a level of Duke Nukem absurdity, there are only so many options for ballistic weapons. Would you guys be happier if it fired 6 kinetically-guided playing cards that traveled at a relatively slow rate with minimal splash damage?

The idea for the rocket pod seems sound. A weapon to counter vehicles that isn't really very effective unless used against... vehicles. But yes, we know. You don't know why, but it's unoriginal and you just don't like it. :)

Also included will be the KittyPride pack that lets you walk through walls, and the Storm, a weapon that when fired brings lightning down from the sky onto the targeted enemy. </sarcasm>

Wait, that's not funny, those could be good! Damn you Xmen!

Marweas said:
Also included will be the KittyPride pack that lets you walk through walls, and the Storm, a weapon that when fired brings lightning down from the sky onto the targeted enemy. </sarcasm>

Wow, those are some pretty cool features.

I can't wait! :eek:

IMHO, the idea of the rocket pod is fairly original. But in this case, originality isn't exactly a primary concern is it? Seeing as how the game is being based on previous games ( though loosely ) makes it essentially un-original. So this is stupid to argue.

Anyhow, back to what i wanted to say.

I don't know how many Starseige Tribes, Shifter addicts post on here, but as i see it the rocket pod is a more effective Wire Guided missile from shifter. The Wire Guided missile in shifter was rarely used due to the fact that it didn't move fast enough, so people could avoid it. The rocket pod sounds like the ideal version fo this. Where, it moves slow, however, it has a spread. So if you get good with it you can at least inflict some damage.

My only other comments on it is: how many guys are we going to end up having with this thing sitting off on some mountain hailing 6 rockets on our flag all the time? May i be the first to coin the term "pod spammers".

When does T:V get MDMs? :p

Marweas said:

Quick! Call Thrax ... :D

Thrax Panda said:
No.

The arming delay combined with very small splash prevents anything like rocket/disk jumping.

wait wait wait, does this mean ur preventing disk jumping, or u are preventing something similar that would be produced by a rocket?

I swear that it must be the public schools in this country...

That was in reference to a question about using the Rocket Pod to perform Rocket Pod Jumps, which will not be possible.

PyroGuNx* said:
My only other comments on it is: how many guys are we going to end up having with this thing sitting off on some mountain hailing 6 rockets on our flag all the time? May i be the first to coin the term "pod spammers".

When does T:V get MDMs? :p

Yes, you would be able to do that, but you'd be much better off spamming with something else so you're not a sitting duck.

PyroGuNx* said:
May i be the first to coin the term "pod spammers".
No, not when you come right out and say it like that.

"I invented this; make me famous."

To original point: it is useless to speculate about something you haven't seen ESPECIALLY when Yogi says 6 of those rockets still won't kill a light. Thats like saying T1's blaster is overpowered because two people can shoot the flag and hit the carrier 2-3 times everytime, dropping him to half health.

Last edited:
There's a better term to describe the drooling unwashed zombie masses who may flock to the RP with no intention to master it - only because it fires rockets!

Pod People

Back