[Official] GTA IV

i avoided this thread when the game came out to keep from spoilers and such... after beating the storyline (@60%) i'm very disapointed.
now going to read through the thread and see all the stuff i missed.

is it worth trying to complete to 100%?

im working towards 100 now

working the stunt jumps, then like 15 races, some of the MP achievments, and then all 200 pigeons.

MP seems fun, but dumb. am I just playing the wrong styles of games?

Cops N Crooks is cool, but aparently the general population that plays GTA sucks dick at the game. I literally win no matter what side i'm on. I ran rampant in one just destorying everyone and everything.

Deathmatch is boring, everyone sucks.

didn't try team deathmatch...

racing seems cool, if everyone tries to actaully race, most people drive around and just fuck around though.

Okay, I just picked up an XBOX (20 gig, HDMI) and GTA IV (only game so far) I'll try and post again when I join xbox live.

I just got the 100% completion achievement today. I hadnt been keeping track of which "random character" missions I had done so I was thinking I probably had a few of those to do, but it turned out all I needed as of today was to take Packie, Jacob, and Brucie to all the activities (eating, drinking, strip club, etc). So I knocked that out in like 15 minutes today and got it.

Waiting on the downloadable content now, I hope it's worthwhile. What I'd really like to see is more "maps" for the co-op modes like Bomb Da Base, Hangman's NOOSE, and whatever the other ones are.

I shoot bitches in GTA.

The story is funny. The gameplay is OK. But the missions tend to repeat themselves - if just with different areas of the map.

All in all, I think I'm going to finish this one out - unlike GTA3 (And it's remakes) - which bored the shit out of me.

played the single player missions again

the cinamatic feel of the game is awsome its such a realistic yet interesting tale.

The mission design though really needs to be updated, they need a lot more three clover light missions, and not so many that we saw in GTA.

Thats the only real flaw I have with the game though, I love the realistic feel of the story I just want missions that match it.

just beat the game...there were some pretty epic missions such as the bank robbery. But it went all down hill after that.

Pretty much from that point on in the game i was playing to see what the next cut-scene was going to be. I only used taxi cabs to get where i was going and money was no object. The city is pretty much useless too for the most part. Almost everything is blocked off, meaning you can't interact with it or go inside of it. For being their first nextgen GTA, id say it has a very good foundation for their next GTA's.

the good:
-Dialogue
-a few of the missions were pretty epic
-crowds
-story progression
-giant city full of cars to steal
-prolly the biggest sandbox in any game to date

the bad
-character models all had a pile of shit on their faces.
-driving controls were extremely hard to master
-fucking friends calling every few minutes to hang out
-you can't interact with most of the city
-felt like i was just playing to get to the next cut-scene

score: A-

Back