[OFFICIAL] College Basketball 2009

I wasn't commenting on NBA skills, just college performance.

yeah except you never talk about their HS status
you can't say someone underperformed when you don't know the expectations coming from HS.

i think it's also unfair to say someone underperformed in college due to the multitude of factors that are critical to individual success. there are so many variables in college basketball that unless you're derrick rose or john wall, it is hard to predict what numbers he'll be putting up. for example, given that ucla's players have gone to the final four 3 times in a row and have developed as solid role players, i can't say any of them have really underperformed. at the same time, when you have teams like arizona or usc, they have top marquee players but no real teamwork. of course they're not going to go deep in the tournament. but if you just watch them as individuals, guys like jerryd bayless and chase budinger did pretty well with what they had, which were themselves.

Last edited:
yeah except you never talk about their HS status
you can't say someone underperformed when you don't know the expectations coming from HS.

i think it's also unfair to say someone underperformed in college due to the multitude of factors that are critical to individual success. there are so many variables in college basketball that unless you're derrick rose or john wall, it is hard to predict what numbers he'll be putting up. for example, given that ucla's players have gone to the final four 3 times in a row and have developed as solid role players, i can't say any of them have really underperformed. at the same time, when you have teams like arizona or usc, they have top marquee players but no real teamwork. of course they're not going to go deep in the tournament. but if you just watch them as individuals, guys like jerryd bayless and chase budinger did pretty well with what they had, which were themselves.

yeah, that 5 star buddinger (3rd best SF in his year) with 4 star Wise (21) and Hill (26) with 5 star Bayless (2nd SG). They did fairly well despite buddinger never blossoming into a dominant player, bayless was money and hill and wise had their moments.

skibbs... I really don't feel like acquiring the stats at the moment, but the PAC-10 has dominated the NBA drafts the past few years, as well as your stat proving the conference to be one of the strongest... although they may not 'dominate' the tourney, the tourney is another beast.

you're goin down kitty cats

Yeah UCLA is a huge joke. Pac 10 will send Cal and the winner of the UW/ASU game in the P10 tourney (assuming winner of that semis game loses to Cal in the championship)

Its amazing at how fast every last drop of energy went away from campus here when Hummel went down.

The team looked like they were going to roll to the final 4, and then bam seasons over.

yeah it sucks that the top 2 teams in the big 10 both had major injuries to their best player at some point this year. would have been a fun conference race to watch had they both been healthy and both would have had a decent shot at a #1 seed. OSU lost 3 games without turner and purdue was probably a 1 seed with hummel even if they lost at some point in the b10 tourney.

yeah it sucks that the top 2 teams in the big 10 both had major injuries to their best player at some point this year. would have been a fun conference race to watch had they both been healthy and both would have had a decent shot at a #1 seed. OSU lost 3 games without turner and purdue was probably a 1 seed with hummel even if they lost at some point in the b10 tourney.

Three, Turner broke his friggen back, Lucas fucked his ankle up, Robbie tore an ACL.

Seems all 3 of Purdue's guys are coming back next year at least, Johnson is a first round guy but with another year he will be a lottery guy.

Back