[Official] :bandit: 2.0

Bad news: I got rear ended on the way home from work. My wife's neck is sore but it doesn't appear serious. We'll know more in the morning.

Good news: My daughter and I are fine, and the van appears almost completely undamaged. Hard to be sure in the dark, but the panels appear to be aligned at the seams, the back hatch works perfectly, and nothing appears deformed or rumpled. There is a scrape and a separate crack, each about 3" long, in the plastic that covers the bumper. Plus, since I got rear-ended the other driver is automatically at fault. I'll have it looked at and repaired if needed on her insurance's dime.

Bummer news: I actually feel bad for the girl that hit us. She was only about 18 or 19 I think. She was genuinely shook up, partly because her airbags deployed, and partly because she was driving her roommate's Camry and all the hassle that's going to be. I was sure she was going to cry before we got done trading info though. My daughters are only a little older, and it made me sympathetic to her plight. But it was clearly her mistake. Damn.

Bitchin' news: I'm now smoking a great huge doobie of Matanuskan Thunderfuck. About 1.5 gram-sized. Gotta love the Matty.

:bandit:

bad luck zear. im glad no one was seriously injured.

i have maybe 3 nugs of this shit called cheese left. i need to get a reup in order.

I think the rear is pushed in a tad. I found a spot where the rear panel bulges up along the seam with another panel on both sides of the van. Cosmetic damage is not a huge issue to me; after all the van does have 150K miles on it now, and she's well used. But structural or safety issues do need to be addressed. Collapsed bumpers are not as effective, kinda like a used fire extenguisher when a fire starts. I'll have a pro look at it this week.

Thanks, but I'm not too worried atm. :bandit:

Last edited:
Bad news: I got rear ended on the way home from work. My wife's neck is sore but it doesn't appear serious. We'll know more in the morning.

Good news: My daughter and I are fine, and the van appears almost completely undamaged. Hard to be sure in the dark, but the panels appear to be aligned at the seams, the back hatch works perfectly, and nothing appears deformed or rumpled. There is a scrape and a separate crack, each about 3" long, in the plastic that covers the bumper. Plus, since I got rear-ended the other driver is automatically at fault. I'll have it looked at and repaired if needed on her insurance's dime.

Bummer news: I actually feel bad for the girl that hit us. She was only about 18 or 19 I think. She was genuinely shook up, partly because her airbags deployed, and partly because she was driving her roommate's Camry and all the hassle that's going to be. I was sure she was going to cry before we got done trading info though. My daughters are only a little older, and it made me sympathetic to her plight. But it was clearly her mistake. Damn.

Bitchin' news: I'm now smoking a great huge doobie of Matanuskan Thunderfuck. About 1.5 gram-sized. Gotta love the Matty.

I've had Alaskan Thunderfuck, and it was amazing.

axtS0fi.jpg

Back