[Official] #1 Ohio vs #2 Texas who wins?

Texas has amazing depth and will continue to do so thanks to the great recruiting. Not taking away from OSU's depth, they certainly showed that. Certainly doesn't mean texas doesn't/hasn't/wont have amazing depth as well.

texas will always have great depth. they didn't show it in this game tho. definately can't just claim to have superior depth because they recruit well.

texas will always have great depth. they didn't show it in this game tho. definately can't just claim to have superior depth because they recruit well.

Now you're just nitpicking.. you know what I was getting at ;)

Not too much to debate over like I already said. It was well played and now your championship to lose. Excited to have the Heisman coming in as well? :)

At some points OSU had the ENTIRE 2nd team defense in there and Texas still couldn't move the ball effectively :lol: OSU also ran in the ENTIRE 2nd team O-line and still dominated the LOS :rofl: I'd like to hear Texas fans call us overrated after saturday's game now.

We did the samething and have for the past 6 years

Man where did all the Texas supporters go? I was hoping for some heated debate today about the game.

whats to debate? We imploded osu executed and won. They tied the series up at 1 a piece.
Handle your business like we did last year and you'll end up playing for a MNC

I'd like to get a Texas reaction out of the "Roughing the passer" call which resulted in a touchdown for Texas. I know, I know, like it or not, it was the call and the call was made. Did you agree with the call? REACTION!

It was a bullshit call

there was nothing but bullshit about that call

he hit as mccoy was releasing the ball. there was no helmet to helmet contact (except maybe richardson's facemask)...and even if they count that, he was fucking standing nearly straight up when he hit, not leading with the helmet.

there was nothing but bullshit about that call

he hit as mccoy was releasing the ball. there was no helmet to helmet contact (except maybe richardson's facemask)...and even if they count that, he was fucking standing nearly straight up when he hit, not leading with the helmet.

I think the one thing that really bothers me about UT is the way they run the score up on every small team they play. I don't think you will ever see tOSU drop 70+ on small podunk homecoming team.

I think the one thing that really bothers me about UT is the way they run the score up on every small team they play. I don't think you will ever see tOSU drop 70+ on small podunk homecoming team.

san jose st. 56-3'ish in 2002 was the biggest win during the tressel era that i can remember. that was homecoming too i believe.

Excited to have the Heisman coming in as well? :)

smith has the pub now, but i wouldn't understimate the power of the domer hype machine and quinn's heisman campaign if they even manage a 1 loss season. ND has a lot more high profile games left than OSU does.

QB Rating:
NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT SACKS RAT

5. Troy Smith, Ohio St 35 51 566 68.6 11.1 5 0 3 194.20
46. Brady Quinn, N Dame 48 74 533 64.9 7.2 3 0 5 138.75

Troy could have had 100-200 more yards against N Illinois, and a few more TD's if Tressel didn't call off the passing game. Quinn will probably have a lot more yards at the end of the year, because Weis will have him pass 40 times a game against shit teams like Army/Navy/Air Force making up for his crappy performances against decent defenses.

Whats sad though is if the voting was right now Quinn would probably still win it, judging from the enamorment every major sporting news outlet has over him. They've already excused his shitty performance against GT as Notre Dame not being warmed up yet. Anyone with his stats without the name recognition or Notre Dame affiliation would not be a top 10 contender. Troy is going to need some signature highlight plays and big games every week to keep up with Quinn. Even then if both teams are undefeated going into December I think Quinn still gets it unless he has a few really shaky games.

Mack Brown is a fucking bitch.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2583128

"Add Texas coach Mack Brown to the list of critics of the NCAA's new football clock rules.

Brown said Monday during the weekly Big 12 teleconference that the new rules, which were designed to limit the time of games, hurt the No. 8 Longhorns in Saturday's loss to No. 1 Ohio State.

Did the NCAA's new clock rules affect Ohio State?s win over Texas?
No, OSU was better regardless
Yes, the old rules would have made a Texas comeback more likely

"They scored with six minutes left and the game was over before we had a chance to do anything," Brown said. "I really hope whoever made these changes will go back and look them over."

Under the rule changes, the clock starts on a kickoff when the ball is kicked, not when the receiving team touches it; and on a first down, when the ball is marked ready for play, not when it is snapped.

Brown said while games are being shortened, the fans are being shortchanged.

"One of the great things about college football is a team's ability to come back," Brown said. "Now that's limited. Our game was 22 minutes shorter. That's a little under 10 percent of our game. That's not fair to our fans. We worry about them sitting there?"

Brown said, at worst, the old rules should be in place for the last two or five minutes of each game.

Of the new rules, Brown said: "I hate it."

Joe Schad is ESPN TV's national college football reporter."

Nice selective memory there, Mack. The Horns would've lost the Rose Bowl 2 years in a row if these rules were in place.

They should just copy the NFL's clock rules. I think they make more sense than what the NCAA is currently using.

Fuck MAck Brown. "It was the new clock rules, not the actual football being played." I can see that if Texas was down by 3-7 points, but they were down by 17!

I don't think Mack Brown was saying that the loss was a result solely on the new clock rules, more that he was using this game as a platform with which to express his discontent with the new rules.

UT just got straight up outplayed, and I believe outcoached as well. I got to go to the game for free bitches, eat it!

"One of the great things about college football is a team's ability to come back," Brown said. "Now that's limited. Our game was 22 minutes shorter. That's a little under 10 percent of our game. That's not fair to our fans. We worry about them sitting there?"

lmao. Like he doesn't know by now that the time of the games are an important issue for TV and not the fans in the stands :lol:

Have you watched one of those games from start to finnish? The entire second half play calling consist of third string QB/RB run plays and they still score. What should they do just start taking a knee at the start of the third quarter doing self imposed 3 and outs?

Not trying to be a dick, but I saw no signs of UT running out their entire 2nd team D or Oline vs. OSU. Doing it against North Texas doesn't count.

Hmm either you are trying to be a dick or you dont know who the UT players are you choose. UT is known for player rotations, infact Id place a little wager we rotated in more second and third players then osu did. We've always been that way since Brown came here, its not unusual for a second string linemen to be in the second drive of the game. We constantly rotate players in and out

Besides starters here is played in the game for both teams-

hio State: 3-O'Neal, Jamario, 6-Grant, Larry, 12-Zwick, Justin, 13-Amos, Andre, 15-Trapasso, A. J., 20-Pettrey, Aaron,
28-Wells, Chris, 29-Lane, Shaun, 34-Wells, Maurice, 51-Homan, Ross, 55-Terry, Curtis, 58-Norman, Drew, 78-Barrow, Alex,
80-Robiskie, B, 98-Penton, Joel.

Texas: 1B-Joseph, Robert, 3-Ogbonnaya, Chri, 8-Shipley, Jordan, 9-Jones, Nate, 9A-Johnson, Greg, 11-Norton, Jared,
16-Finley, Jermich, 18-Melton, Matt, 19-Oduegwu, Ishie, 21-Jackson, Erick, 25-Charles, Jamaal, 29-Palmer, Ryan, 32-Myers, Marcus,
33-Derry, Scott, 36-Houston, Lamarr, 37-Melton, Henry, 39-Robison, Brian, 49-Tiemann, Luke, 91-Janszen, Tully, 95-Lewis, Aaron,
99-Miller, Roy.

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/000_stats/06/ut2.htm#GAME.TEM

-§trife-;10500314 said:
Mack Brown is a fucking bitch.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2583128

"Add Texas coach Mack Brown to the list of critics of the NCAA's new football clock rules.

Nice selective memory there, Mack. The Horns would've lost the Rose Bowl 2 years in a row if these rules were in place.

Umm youre just reaffirming what he said with that quote you realize that
right?

Fuck MAck Brown. "It was the new clock rules, not the actual football being played." I can see that if Texas was down by 3-7 points, but they were down by 17!

Where did he say or imply that?
Only place in that article that even resemble anything close to what you said is what the author put as the article title

Hmm either you are trying to be a dick or you dont know who the UT players are you choose. UT is known for player rotations, infact Id place a little wager we rotated in more second and third players then osu did. We've always been that way since Brown came here, its not unusual for a second string linemen to be in the second drive of the game. We constantly rotate players in and out

Besides starters here is played in the game for both teams-

hio State: 3-O'Neal, Jamario, 6-Grant, Larry, 12-Zwick, Justin, 13-Amos, Andre, 15-Trapasso, A. J., 20-Pettrey, Aaron,
28-Wells, Chris, 29-Lane, Shaun, 34-Wells, Maurice, 51-Homan, Ross, 55-Terry, Curtis, 58-Norman, Drew, 78-Barrow, Alex,
80-Robiskie, B, 98-Penton, Joel.

Texas: 1B-Joseph, Robert, 3-Ogbonnaya, Chri, 8-Shipley, Jordan, 9-Jones, Nate, 9A-Johnson, Greg, 11-Norton, Jared,
16-Finley, Jermich, 18-Melton, Matt, 19-Oduegwu, Ishie, 21-Jackson, Erick, 25-Charles, Jamaal, 29-Palmer, Ryan, 32-Myers, Marcus,
33-Derry, Scott, 36-Houston, Lamarr, 37-Melton, Henry, 39-Robison, Brian, 49-Tiemann, Luke, 91-Janszen, Tully, 95-Lewis, Aaron,
99-Miller, Roy.

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/000_stats/06/ut2.htm#GAME.TEM

That list is flatout wrong. Zwick never entered the game, and they didn't list Hartline just to name a couple mistakes. I'm gonna be a dick now though... Even with our ENTIRE 2nd team D on the field UT still couldn't do squat. You debating whether UT played as many 2nd teamers isn't helping the arguement that our 1st thru 3rd stringers outplayed UT in every aspect of the game.

Back