[OFFICAL] ND vs Michigan

Notre Dame quarterback Demetrius Jones has enrolled at Northern Illinois and intends to play there next season, according to a source familiar with the situation.

Jones started Notre Dame's season opener against Georgia Tech, but was pulled before the end of the first half and had not played since. He did not join Notre Dame on its road trip to Michigan this weekend.

Friday, Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis confirmed that Jones had decided not to make the team's bus trip to Michigan. "I have not spoken to Demetrius and can only say that he missed the team bus. Any additional comment would be without all the facts," Weis said in a statement.

Against Georgia Tech, Jones was 1-of-3 passing for 4 yards and ran the ball 12 times for 28 yards. Four of the six drives he led ended in three-and-outs, and he fumbled the ball away on the other two possessions. Freshman Jimmy Clausen replaced Jones as Notre Dame's starter for last week's game at Penn State.

The departure is the second for a Notre Dame quarterback since this spring. Zach Frazer, who was eliminated from contention for the starting job after spring practice, transferred to Connecticut.

Notre Dame quarterback Demetrius Jones has enrolled at Northern Illinois and intends to play there next season, according to a source familiar with the situation.

Jones started Notre Dame's season opener against Georgia Tech, but was pulled before the end of the first half and had not played since. He did not join Notre Dame on its road trip to Michigan this weekend.

Friday, Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis confirmed that Jones had decided not to make the team's bus trip to Michigan. "I have not spoken to Demetrius and can only say that he missed the team bus. Any additional comment would be without all the facts," Weis said in a statement.

Against Georgia Tech, Jones was 1-of-3 passing for 4 yards and ran the ball 12 times for 28 yards. Four of the six drives he led ended in three-and-outs, and he fumbled the ball away on the other two possessions. Freshman Jimmy Clausen replaced Jones as Notre Dame's starter for last week's game at Penn State.

The departure is the second for a Notre Dame quarterback since this spring. Zach Frazer, who was eliminated from contention for the starting job after spring practice, transferred to Connecticut.

whats funny about this is that Weis could have had Mitch Mustain, but he promised Jones and Evan Sharpley when they came in that he wouldn't recruit another QB for 2 years. now Sharpley is riding the bench for the remainder of his career and Jones is gone.

whats funny about this is that Weis could have had Mitch Mustain, but he promised Jones and Evan Sharpley when they came in that he wouldn't recruit another QB for 2 years. now Sharpley is riding the bench for the remainder of his career and Jones is gone.

Weis didn't recruit Sharpley, Willingham did.

And Weis promised Jones and Frazier he wouldn't take another QB that year, not for two years, which is why Mustain didn't come.

Jones transferred because he knows he's not starting there again.

And I don't know why anyone would want to watch this game.

this is hillarious, i hope michigan beats notre dame by 60, and then goes off to never win again this year

Michigan is actually playing decent today, despite the fact that ND absolutely blows today. I feel really bad for Michigan because they just suck so hard.

I went to 12 years of games at the big house, they are my childhood college team.

The fans there are great fans in the sense they love football, but the number of drunks at a michigan game is far less then elsewhere and the stadium isnt really designed to hold in the noise.

Ive seen ross aide much louder then the big house ever gets, and yes I went from Desmond to past woodson so ive seen it all there, its just not that big of a home field from a noise standpoint. Im sure mentally going to Michigan is a pretty big deal seeing as they are the best program of all time.

Back