Oculus Rift from CES - VR headset

Ixiterra

Veteran XV
I searched, didn't see any threads.

Hands on: Oculus Rift VR Headset | CES 2013: Gadgets - CNET Blogs

I was wrong. Not sure I've ever been more wrong. Even in this hand-built prototype stage, the Rift is amazing.

some reactions:

Oculus Rift - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Doom 3: BFG Edition is the first game to officially support the Oculus Rift.[5] Epic Games, creators of the Unreal Engine, have announced that the engine will integrate support for the Oculus Rift.

This could really get me back in to PC gaming. Looks like a lot of fun and the price point will probably be around $300.

links shamelessly stolen from the t:a board

It's been too long for a real "breaktrough" in that category... i really hope that shit takes off.

It's been too long for a real "breaktrough" in that category... i really hope that shit takes off.

I think it will. The timing is right and the market is ready for it. It's already a relative success just from the Kickstarter campaign.

Imagine Tribes on this thing... /drool

Yeah I heard about that back in the summer, a lot of game developers tried it and said it blew them away. Looking forward to it.

do they still not have a better eta of the consumer version?

Doesn't sound like it. In the video the guys are asking about ordering a developer kit and how soon they can get it, and their response was that if they ordered it that day they probably couldn't get one until April/May. Everyone wants it apparently and they can't manufacture enough yet.

Supposedly they are planning on improving the LCD screen once the next kits go out, and then they'll do so again once they release it to consumers (fuck yeah), so I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see it until the end of the year. Could be sooner idk.

'bout 5 hours in after u take that fucking thing off ur face for a piss break u look in the mirror and u got red lines all over ur face like u slept face down on the pillow all trashed.

It is just the developer version, it will be streamlined in the consumer version. I doubt they go to the market with a Smith goggle body and headband.

I have seen other videos (verge and gizmodo) where the editors just start giggling. it must be a real kick in the perception pants.

eyeglasses-cheap-monday-blindness-crude-1.jpg

Back