Obama in Copenhagen

JudgeU

Veteran XV
Official: Obama, Chinese move forward on climate - Yahoo! News
A clearly frustrated President Barack Obama displayed impatience Friday with world leaders' failure to reach a new climate accord, urging them to accept a less-than-perfect pact while offering no new U.S. concessions.

Obama said the United States has acted boldly by vowing to reduce heat-trapping gasses and help other nations pay for similar efforts.

What in the holy mother fuck is this shit?!

I just mentioned this to my co-worker and he said "yeah, he's pledging to pay out to other countries up to $100 billion a year for 20 years."

That's not in the article so I have no idea if that is true, but what the FUCK is going on?

DAMN obama
he made all the flights from copenhagen be late.. so my danish buddies came late here today :(

I HATE YOUR GOVERNMENT YOU WORLD POLICE YOU!

... well guys, the earth being fucked up by global warming is going to affect the US just as much as it affects everywhere else. You could easily argue that Obama is investing in national security by ensuring other countries don't fail to do something that'll avoid America burning the fuck up.

... well guys, the earth being fucked up by global warming is going to affect the US just as much as it affects everywhere else. You could easily argue that Obama is investing in national security by ensuring other countries don't fail to do something that'll avoid America burning the fuck up.

:rofl:

Giving money to foreign countries to reduce emissions is investing in national security. Has the day of Orwell really come so soon?

Never mind that global warming is a complete joke.

Never mind that global warming is a complete joke.

You're right. The 2 billion extra people living on the planet in about 50 years will put catastrophic strain on the planet's resources, causing widespread death and considerable reduction of life quality long before global warming does.

With that said, human-accelerated global warming is not a hoax and if you genuinely believe that then you're mildly stupid.

You're right. The 2 billion extra people living on the planet in about 50 years will put catastrophic strain on the planet's resources, causing widespread death and considerable reduction of life quality long before global warming does.

With that said, human-accelerated global warming is not a hoax and if you genuinely believe that then you're mildly stupid.

then help the planet and put a shotgun in your mouth

Every major country that attended COP15 vowed to give out a good bit of money. The US is not going to give out 100billion, they are trying to raise that much for developing countries. I know Japan plans to put in 15 and EU plans to contribute 10. I haven't read anything about how much the US is planning on contributing yet.

Back