Obama clarifies his "Grandmother" comment.

As a white man who is black on the inside and from the waist down, I agree with Bounty.

Really, you kids are getting way too flustered over this crap.

For a man who's otherwise so sharp, that seems like an awfully rash statement to make, Cowplates.

Whether you agree with him or not, the man has some serious momentum going right now. It's way too early to count him out.

241.jpg

its stupid to get worked up over

but on the other hand

if mccain said typical black person...there would be race riots come election day and jesse jackson and al sharpton would be hitting the streets

fuck off

I like him a lot, as stated. This is a really dumb thing to say. Imagine if McCain had said 'typical black person'. It's stereotyping.

Ironically, he's supposed to lose because we're racist, not the other way around.

edit; yeah what Bodom said.

double edit; not only that but all he had to say was 'look I love my grandma, but even the people we love can say hurtful things we don't agree with.' and that would be that.

Last edited:
This is why experienced politicians learn to talk a lot but say nothing.

Saying things is a good way to make enemies.

the quote is butchered, listen to the clip

"she is extremely proud the point i was making was not that my grandma harbors any racial animosity,she doesnt, but she is a typical white person, who if she sees somebody on the street that she doesnt know there is a reaction that is bred into our experiences that dont go away and sometimes come out in a wrong way, that is the nature of race in our society, we have to break through it, and what makes me optimistic is that each new generation is feeling a little less like that"

Either no one actually watched the video, or you people can't hear. This is what he said, not that horrible quotation.

The proper quote sounds a lot better than the fake one. I thought you people had already learned not to trust the media...

For a man who's otherwise so sharp, that seems like an awfully rash statement to make, Cowplates.

Whether you agree with him or not, the man has some serious momentum going right now. It's way too early to count him out.
I like Obama quite a bit. I would not object to him being the next President.

If he were white, I would actually be willing to guarantee that he would be the next President. Unfortunately, the fact that he is black will render him unelectable in certain (read: Southern) parts of this country.

It's a pity, too.
He's an eloquent speaker and would be a good face for the US.

Either no one actually watched the video, or you people can't hear. This is what he said, not that horrible quotation.

The proper quote sounds a lot better than the fake one. I thought you people had already learned not to trust the media...
i still dont see how it was taken out of context, "typical white person" no matter how you look at it, if whitie were to say it, it would be the end of their political career.

i listen to talk radio while driving alone and i heard this clip over and over today. this was a huge mistake on his part let alone bringing up Ferraro in the same breath as his racist pastor.

this entire situation is showing, IMO, how the reverse racism is catered to and allowed by certain races in our society.

i still dont see how it was taken out of context, "typical white person" no matter how you look at it, if whitie were to say it, it would be the end of their political career.

i listen to talk radio while driving alone and i heard this clip over and over today. this was a huge mistake on his part let alone bringing up Ferraro in the same breath as his racist pastor.

this entire situation is showing, IMO, how the reverse racism is catered to and allowed by certain races in our society.

when you play a clip out of context- ie
"typical white person"
-rant about how obama is a hypocrite

If you listen to the quote in context, or read the quote in context, the position is unequivocally nuanced in that Obama is saying that:
1. There are people over 60 who grew up during segregation and haven't let go of their prejudices
2. Our prejudices don't define who we are
3. Each new generation is gradually getting over the resentment of discrimination, but we still have a long way to go and racism is a very real if subtle issue

Of course, you can just take the quote out of context and invent a position to match a preconceived or shock-jock informed opinion.

Does anyone actually believe that Obama is a racist?(other than Jim Beam, maxx etc.)
As I said before... silly.

I don't think he's a racist. I just think it's a stupid thing to say. As people have pointed out, if McCain said "a typical black person" in ANY context, it would turn into a shit storm.

You mean like the black community does?

so imus saying "nappy headed hos" and obama saying "but she is a typical white person, who if she sees somebody on the street that she doesnt know there is a reaction that is bred into our experiences that dont go away and sometimes come out in a wrong way" are equally racist statements?

Back