NYC is testing out cell phone emergency alerts.

people here received them on Android and Iphone, it's not a regular Text, makes a buzzing sound on the phone (at least on android).

They know where you are, even if your phone is off, plus they can listen to your mic. The only way to avoid this is to take out the battery.

I just got the same message here in MA. I was thinking it was a weather app of mine, but didn't designate any such thing.

Using Android.

i got that shit at like 5 am for a missing child in philadelphia...

i live in pittsburgh, assholes.

it happened to me the other day when i was in best buy, amber alert, and the whole store was just filled with that emergency sound. everyone's phone went off at the same time, i thought the best buy fire alarm had gone off or something.

i get amber alerts to my phone which annoys the fuck out of me

10 a day when bad shit happens "HOLY SHIT DUDE LOOK FOR THIS LICENSE PLATE SOME LITTLE GIRL GETTIN RAPED!"

dont text me that at 9pm
dont text me at all
I DONT CARE SHE WAS PROBABLY WEARING SOMETHING PROVOCATIVE

wow what a fascist police state

^^^This

It's Bloomberg's Britain. All it needs is some cobblestone castles instead of skyscrapers and they can finally fulfill their own Dungeons and Dragons fantasy.

Greatest city on Earth.......lol

It's a giant turd that either needs to be flushed or sent back to Europe with the rest of the sycophantic serfs whose concept of "self sufficiency" is licking boots, prostrating toward monarchs, and groveling for cake crumbs.

Back