[NWS][Tech] PC won't post/beep/anything since this morning, wtf? [halp]

DiLLuSioN

Veteran XX
So I power it on this morning, hangs at the Starting Windows screen of Windows 7. I reset it, it beeps a couple times and resets on its own?? Now every time I power it on it just keeps rebooting without even beeping or showing any screen at all :s

Been searching for problems with this mobo, but after reading a lot I'm thinking it might be a lack of power from the PSU, even though it's been running perfectly for over a year now.

Any suggestions? Gonna try removing the ram now.
I don't have any spare parts btw.. so troubleshooting this isn't going to be easy.

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00GHz LGA775 6Mb FSB1333 Boxed
Antec NSK4480 Mini Tower Silver/Black 380W ATX
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB S-ATA II 32Mb
ASUS ATi Radeon HD 4850 PCIe 512MB HDMI Dual DVI
Corsair Twinx 4096MB DDR2 PC6400 CL5 with HSP
MSI P45 Neo-F S775 Intel P45 PCIe DDR2 ATX
Lite On SH-20A1S DVD±RW S-ATA 20x SAW bulk black

NWS
Jayden Jaymes - The Interogating Pussy - Part 2
Cute Teen Katie June

Did you overclock at all? Even if you havent, try relaxing the speeds on your ram and see if that helps.

I think you're correct with the PSU guess. 380watt seems very low for that system. I have a similar build with a 550watt PSU and was at first worried I may not have enough power.

reseat vid card

What motherboard is it? New? Did you buy it at Fry's? :lol:

Maybe try a 450 w power supply

Last edited:
^^^ good job retard.

Do the simple things first, pull out a stick of ram, try it, throw that back in, and pull out the other stick, try that. Reseat video card and check all of your connections.

Reseat the CPU perhaps, etc etc.

Don't replace a PSU until you've tried all the free shit first.

Look for blown caps on the mobo, etc etc.

Make sure all plugs are plugged in, nothing metal including wires are touching anything close to the motherboard, no screws are sitting underneath the motherboard, etc. essentialy creating shorts. Worst case you take everything out of the case and test each component at a time on a cardboard box hooked up to power.

Already tried reseating the vid card, no effect at all.

I placed the second RAM chip(?) in place of the first one and just tried booting with only 2GB. and it worked?? So MAYBE it's faulty RAM, but I'm gonna start backing up everything while I can still get into the system. I'll update this thread with some more pron if I have more problems. Thanks for the suggestions

Is the monitor responding at all? Green power, light, flicker, etc.? Have another vid card or monitor to try? Also if it has a fan plug it won't run unless that's plugged into the motherboard. You could also try reseting your BIOS, usually by removing the battery or jumping a jumper, but I would suggest try everything else first.

Already tried reseating the vid card, no effect at all.

I placed the second RAM chip(?) in place of the first one and just tried booting with only 2GB. and it worked?? So MAYBE it's faulty RAM, but I'm gonna start backing up everything while I can still get into the system. I'll update this thread with some more pron if I have more problems. Thanks for the suggestions
Always keep copies of important documents. If it's just ram, then you're pretty lucky, RAM is pretty cheap these days. Once you have a chance, run memtest on your working stick of ram.

The most important documents were already backed up, it's just a few movies and images I don't feel like downloading again.

Definetly sounds like RAM is your problem. The quality of RAM seems to be shit these days...even higher end stuff, I've been getting more DOA sticks than I should.

Definetly sounds like RAM is your problem. The quality of RAM seems to be shit these days...even higher end stuff, I've been getting more DOA sticks than I should.

^^

last sticks of ram i bought was completely non-functional

failed every memtest test

kudos to corsair's RMA process - really easy to get a replacement pair

Back