nth remake of 'what miniseries should i watch now' - mad men fans dont bother posting

I can't believe this guy hasn't seen The Pacific

and he's still posting here instead of watching it RIGHT NOW

it's Band Of Brothers season 2, basically, and it's fucking awesome
the pacific was fucking terrible and doesn't compare to band of brothers at all

not sure if these have been mentioned but they are worth watching and the 'seasons' are short

Luther (like 7 ep first season 4 ep 2nd season)
The new sherlock holms bbc (3 episodes i believe, each one is kinda like its own story)

himynameisjoeandiworkhere inthebuttonfactorymybossg etsmeanereverydayonedayhe saidjoeareyoubusyisaidnoh esaidpushthisbuttonwithyo urrighthandhimynameisjoea ndiworkhereinthebuttonfac torymybossgetsmeanerevery dayonedayhesaidjoeareyoub usyisaidnohesaidpushthisb uttonwithyourlefthandhimy nameisjoeandiworkhereinth ebuttonfactorymybossgetsm eanereverydayonedayhesaid joeareyoubusyisaidnohesai dpushthisbuttonwithyourri ghtfoothimynameisjoeandiw orkhereinthebuttonfactory mybossgetsmeanereverydayo nedayhesaidjoeareyoubusyi saidnohesaidpushthisbutto nwithyourleftfoothimyname isjoeandiworkhereinthebut tonfactorymybossgetsmeane reverydayonedayhesaidjoea reyoubusyisaidnohesaidpus hthisbuttonwithyourheadhi mynameisjoeandiworkherein thebuttonfactorymybossget smeanereverydayonedayhesa idjoeareyoubusyisaidnohes aidpushthisbuttonwithyour tonguehimynameisjoeandiwo rkhereinthebuttonfactorym ybossgetsmeanereverydayon edayhesaidjoeareyoubusyis aidnohesaidpushthisbutton withyourbutthimynameisjoe andiworkhereinthebuttonfa ctorymybossgetsmeanerever ydayonedayhesaidjoeareyou busyisaidYES
9/13/08 9:41 PM
coach posted this on May 20th, 2005 at 10:54:09 am
"Well, it's just that me and my robot jdon't really talk anymore. Like I ask "honey, how was work?" and all I get is a one-beep answer. And it is totally into sexual-aggressive shit nowadays; like I was giving it a circuitry job one night, and it pulled away and sparked all over my face" -Spanyard

"did she have thorns in there?" -Bloodface

coach posted this on May 20th, 2005 at 10:55:04 am
The Bloodface post was of no relation to the one made by Spanyard. It was an entirely different thread. I just noticed that....

germ war posted this on May 20th, 2005 at 10:55:14 am
BF's is too out of context.

germ war posted this on May 20th, 2005 at 10:55:38 am
i.e. It doesn't work as stand-alone gold.

bloodface posted this on May 20th, 2005 at 10:55:48 am
isn't
it
always

coach posted this on May 20th, 2005 at 10:56:16 am
YES!

spanyard posted this on May 20th, 2005 at

itt: no one knows what a "miniseries" is

the correct answer to the OP topic is Generation Kill and/or Extras

I can't believe this guy hasn't seen The Pacific

and he's still posting here instead of watching it RIGHT NOW

it's Band Of Brothers season 2, basically, and it's fucking awesome

lmao Pagy neg-repped me for this post apparently

the poor guy is a few dozen more neg reps away from a total meltdown

"mrrraaahh the pacific was terrible mrraaahhhhhh" nice work you edgy loser

also I double 2nd Arrested Development, I can't believe there are still people out there who haven't seen it

double 2nded motherfuckers

I've never watched more than the odd clip of Mad Men but it seemed very meh

add to that the only people I know in real life who sing the praises about Mad Men are really losery virgin-types, guys who couldn't get laid if they fell ass backwards into a pool full of vaginas

so I imagine there's probably some sort of "hot females" element to the show that gets all these nerds panties in a big wet soppy mess, and probably some "cool" male characters the nerds try to imagine themselves being

lmao Pagy neg-repped me for this post apparently

the poor guy is a few dozen more neg reps away from a total meltdown

"mrrraaahh the pacific was terrible mrraaahhhhhh" nice work you edgy loser

also I double 2nd Arrested Development, I can't believe there are still people out there who haven't seen it

double 2nded motherfuckers
out of the two of us, one of us is crying nerd tears

and i dont think it was me

uh one of us is an international baller who fucks models and the other is some spindly nerd who is constantly out to "get" the other one and try to one up them on an internet forum

please don't start with me you sad loser

i never take anyones network recommendations seriously. every episodic network tv show i see is bad. ill give each 1 ep. if this shit turns out to be like Monk or Bones or CSI im coming for you.
it sounds like you're pretty serious about television. weird.

p.s. time heals all wounds but 12 years later and i still think youre a faggot for o sniping rollercoaster in pubs.

i'm sure i had a good reason at the time

i have a job and dont live with my mom, your turn

I fuck models, travel around the world, don't need a job and I, like the rest of the non-edgy nerd loser world, am fully aware that The Pacific is an awesome series.

but please keep trying to convince everyone that an ugly looking workaday joe who obsesses over someone else on the internet is not somehow jealous of an international baller

goddamn give a nigga shivers

there was one or two episodes that were kind of :shrug: because they were more homefront-y bullshit, but considering it's a 10-part series I'm willing to accept that one or two will be a bit slower towards the end

i never take anyones network recommendations seriously. every episodic network tv show i see is bad. ill give each 1 ep. if this shit turns out to be like Monk or Bones or CSI im coming for you.

Justified is a pretty good show.

Damages is a really really good show. The first episode should be more than enough to get you hooked.

Dead Set is a good zombie miniseries that the BBC put out. Downton Abbey is a British period piece.

Dead Set is really fun (in the totally depressing zombie apocalypse kind of way). Definitely worth a watch.

Since apparently we're talking series and not miniseries (this thread makes no sense), +1 for Justified and Community.

The Pacific was very bleh. Couldn't even make it to the end. Pacing was crap, the plot was all over the place and went way too hollywood, most of the characters were forgettable (and confusing) and the battle scenes weren't all that great. I tried to like it, but it's no Band of Brothers.

Back