No sound hardware problem

Zhimin

Veteran X
I got this old mercury motherboard that I bought a while ago everything is fine. My friend gived me his old processor and I have everyting else to make another comp. But when I rebuilt the comp last day I found out the on board sound doesn't work anymore. I did install the sound driver it came with.

My mother board:
Mercury
Intel 845E Chipset
socket 478
FSB533
On board 6 Channel audio
4X AGP slot
ATX Facter
It also says on the manule over clockable to FSB800MHz

The product code for the Mercury board is PI845EX-L

I think I removed some jumper for my harddrive that's all I did.

I tried to put those jumper back same as my other board, but it didn't work. The jumper isn't the the Bio jumper. I think it's the audio jumper. It looks someting like this:

. .
. .
. .
. .

I try to put the Jumpers like this there were 2 jumpers

. .
. .
___
___

___ represent the jumper.

I hope I gived enough information pleaz help me, I want to be able to have a lan party with this computer.

The manual should have all jumper information in it. I've never even heard of Mercury, so that's the start of your problems. Most motherboards nowadays control onboard audio via the BIOS, so you might want to check there to see if it was somehow disabled. And does Windows show the hardware as being installed? Hit Windows+Break, click Hardware, then Device Manager. Under "Sound, video, and game controllers" is where your audio hardware should show up. If there are any yellow exclamation points, the hardware may have been installed incorrectly.

Back