Nissan Titan pricing is out.

Alpine said:
ni means 2
son means 3
in japanese

If the name of the company was nison, then your information would be relevant :)

Although still incorrect. Three is 'san', not 'son'. Nisan could mean 'Two Three', if it were two seperate words. If it were hyphenated 'Ni-san' it would be a familiar form of 'Brother'. Nissan means 'daily output'. Or 'April' in Arabic ;)

Last edited:
nobody makes trucks for utility any more

i want a something that can haul loads, and it's got to have a lot of payload too. i don't need "options" like leather interior and all that pussy shit in the titan that is designed to appeal to the grocery getter crowd

i want manual locking hubs and a manual transfer case
i want a 4 speed manual transmission with a granny lo gear
i want a solid axle(which suprisingly this truck seems to have(probably dana 44 or something)
i want a decent price, 38k is fucking insane, you could buy a house for that much

i'll probably just buy a mid 70's ford or chevy and put a new engine into it, hell of a lot cheaper and probably more reliable

Ceiling_Fan said:
No shit. They're just SUVs for people who want an SUV but don't want to be just another person with an SUV.
exactly.

take toyota and chevy for example. they phased out solid front axles for independant suspension in the late '80s, which sacrificed much of the truck's simplicity in the name of more comfortable ride(which you can do anyway with better shocks and springs)

if i wanted to ride nice, i'd buy a car. for hauling stuff, i want a real truck

-]DoW[-RedDeath said:
nobody makes trucks for utility any more

i want a something that can haul loads, and it's got to have a lot of payload too. i don't need "options" like leather interior and all that pussy shit in the titan that is designed to appeal to the grocery getter crowd

i want manual locking hubs and a manual transfer case
i want a 4 speed manual transmission with a granny lo gear
i want a solid axle(which suprisingly this truck seems to have(probably dana 44 or something)
i want a decent price, 38k is fucking insane, you could buy a house for that much

i'll probably just buy a mid 70's ford or chevy and put a new engine into it, hell of a lot cheaper and probably more reliable

Dunno where you live but $38k wouldn't buy you a cardboard box in the ghetto in most cities. :lol:

Geck0 said:
Dunno where you live but $38k wouldn't buy you a cardboard box in the ghetto in most cities. :lol:

That'd be because you're in a city, where space is at a premium. Out in the middle of fucking nowhere, $38k will go a LOT farther. Dunno about house-buying far, but you can get a pretty good bit of land for that.

Ceiling_Fan said:
That'd be because you're in a city, where space is at a premium. Out in the middle of fucking nowhere, $38k will go a LOT farther.

Pigs arse, I'm looking for acreage in Skiatook OK and most people want 4K plus an acre. You are talking double wide on a 1/4 acre perch for that money.

Geck0 said:
Pigs arse, I'm looking for acreage in Skiatook OK and most people want 4K plus an acre. You are talking double wide on a 1/4 acre perch for that money.

Read the edit.

4k-acre ain't bad. I'd take 9 acres of land over 1/7th the final cost of a fucking townhouse ;)

amRam said:
38k? That's how much Harley F150s go for, and they look a bajillion times better and have awesome interiors... and has 380hp and 450tq.
Try taking one of those off road...

Yea, an 'imitation truck' yes, unless you have been absent for the last 15 years of your life, Rancho is a very good suspension company, and well known for offroad...

-]DoW[-RedDeath said:
ahh yes, and a correction to my earlier post. it has fucking independant front suspension, rather than a dana axle

my mistake

Rear Axle is a dana 44. Look, if you want to go do up an old beater with a solid front axle more power to ya. This vehicle is obviously not for you, but by the sound of it none of the domestics suit you either.

Edit: Front is a dana setup as well. I guess Dana make IFS too eh?

Last edited:
Geck0 said:
Nice try, but you forgot some shit, the MSRP comes out at MSRP: $38,955.00 and does not include:

Traction control

Traction control...on a 4WD drive truck?? Get a grip there is a reason dodge doesn't offer it. YOU DON'T NEED IT.

front bucket seats (has a bench lol)

again..IT'S A TRUCK NOT A SPORTS CAR

navigation system

Sigh...navigation system...did you really just say navigation system?

electronic locking diff

How many times do you need to lock the diff on your truck?

Titan is rated to tow 9400lbs, This Dodge tows 8300.

I SERIOUSLY doubt this...however even taking you at your word i've watched a hemi 1500 loaded with 3000 pounds in the bed out accelerate, out brake and out manouver and EMPTY f150 or chev 1500 series truck in a slalom course. Dead weight is far from the only consideration when making a GVWR calculation. I'm guessing Nissan's propaghanda site forgot that.

Also, that 5.7L hemi is 345HP, the Titan is stated as 300+HP and 375+ft/lb of torqueso the final specs aren't clear.

So you agree that the dodge has greater horsepower and torque....thank you. BY THE WAY..IT'S A HEMI..DON'T EVEN START TRYING TO COMPARE ENGINES..OK?

I'm not surprised this is where you got your info. Try some independant sites for comparison perhaps?

Hey if ou want to buy import scrap then go ahead but what bugs me is your coming in here and telling us it's the best all around truck in the world. Compare truck sales by company and let me know where nissan ranks. People that use trucks and buy them dissagree with you.

Boomerman said:
I'm not surprised this is where you got your info. Try some independant sites for comparison perhaps?

He can only go by what Nissan press releases claim for the truck... Im not aware of any full-out tests on the Titan yet, and this is specifically why I wouldn't buy one in its first year of production. Thats just silly.

Nissan at least needs to get some of their comparison stats right. The Ford 5.4L Triton V8 has been tweaked up to 300HP @ 5000rpm and 365lb-ft @ 3750rpm. (They have 260hp @ 4500rpm & 350hp @ 2500rpm listed)

Boomerman said:
Traction control...on a 4WD drive truck?? Get a grip there is a reason dodge doesn't offer it. YOU DON'T NEED IT.

again..IT'S A TRUCK NOT A SPORTS CAR

Yeah, it's part of the tow package that adds stability and handling while towing VGE.

Sigh...navigation system...did you really just say navigation system?

If you've done ANY off roading or long haul you'd see the benefit. VGE.

How many times do you need to lock the diff on your truck?

You obviouslu never did much off roading. VGE.

I SERIOUSLY doubt this...however even taking you at your word i've watched a hemi 1500 loaded with 3000 pounds in the bed out accelerate, out brake and out manouver and EMPTY f150 or chev 1500 series truck in a slalom course. Dead weight is far from the only consideration when making a GVWR calculation. I'm guessing Nissan's propaghanda site forgot that.

If you BOTHERED researching the dodge website they do have a towing calculator. I could give a fuck what you have seen. Stick to specs and keep your fanboi shit to the facts. VGE. The engine in the Nissan develops more torque than that pissy hemi anyway.

So you agree that the dodge has greater horsepower and torque....thank you. BY THE WAY..IT'S A HEMI..DON'T EVEN START TRYING TO COMPARE ENGINES..OK?
Nope, the dodge does not have either. The hemi looks well underpowered and delivers crap for capacity.

Hey if ou want to buy import scrap then go ahead but what bugs me is your coming in here and telling us it's the best all around truck in the world. Compare truck sales by company and let me know where nissan ranks. People that use trucks and buy them dissagree with you.

When the test drives come out I'll post them. Nissan spent 2 1/2 years making sure it would kill all in class contenders. You'll probably splutter some more then too, but that's ok.

Buy what you want, mine will have a higher performance integer and resale value as well as Nissan longevity. You just get a Dodge LOL.

I'm actually kinda surprised that Dodge, Toyota, and Nissan are staying with the smooth lines for their pickup lines while Ford and Chevy are both introducing or have introduced pickups with more agressive straight lines and edges. (Chevy's new "Angry Eyebrows" look and the redesigned 2004 F150 which I'm in :heart: with)

ToV VendettA said:
It's downright hilarious watchin Geck0 get so fucking defensive over a truck he doesn't even own. :rofl:

I'm not defensive, just quoting specs. If anything the domestic fanbois are getting all ruffled, as they should be.

Back