[NHL] Trade Deadline!

It's the most exciting day of the year!!! (according to tsn at least)

There are still a ton of players available, although after seeing some of the people on waivers (Morrison and Roberts come to mind) it may a pretty low-key deadline.

Rumored
-Pronger
-Bouwmeester
-Kaberle (along with the rest of the leafs)
-Olli Jokinen

There are some other guys out there but those are the ones that pop to my mind

I know the leafs sat Moore and Antropov last night, they are almost guaranteed to be traded. Burke has gotten a couple of offers on both of them if you believe what he has said in the media.

Today and the NHL draft are like Holidays to me! I am a Rangers fan, but I dont expect much from them today. Maybe a couple minor moves. I hear Recchi is possible, but I would rather not have him. Rather have someone like Tkachuk.

All that matters is that I have my Sean Avery back! As soon as I heard that we got him back, I bought tickets to his home game return this Sunday against the Bruins.

Pronger is off the market now according to the ducks.

Kaberle is most likely to stay in toronto, but who knows.

Last edited:
I doubt Roberts will be picked up. His contract has a $10k/game bonus for each game he plays. He'll most likely be sent down on waivers and then Tampa will just tell him to go home instead of to the minors.

Hmm - didn't know that about Roberts. I just saw the 1.25 Mil contract + UFA and thought a playoff team may want a vet for cheap.

:lol: at Satan. I sort of want the devils to grab him :p

It will be interesting to see what happens this year. A lot of teams with needs but not a lot of cap room. With the cap staying the same or dropping next year we'll see if there are as many moves.

It might be quiet except for some salary dump moves. Either way, it is always a fun day as a hockey fan.

Hopefully my Sabres do something to get better. Rumors are they are trying to sign China Doll Connolly :(

The habs might pick up that boumeister guy from Higgins

I doubt we'll see much though.

GM's are finally catching onto the fact that these trades almost never help during playoff times. All i've been seeing is depth trades.

BTW, if they make that deal for TinMan Connolly, I'm done with the team. That guy is one hit away from the end of his career.

Yeah, I'd listen to TSN over our local reporters. Most of our reporters have no idea what is going on with the team.

Very few last minutes trade have proven useful and this year, with salary cap + the fact salary cap might drop 5-7 millions in the next couple years because of the financial crisis will stall everything major today. I expect a couple move, but to see no trades up to now (there are always a couple, even minor, trades the day before the deadline) is giving a very good hint.

Back