[NHL] Anyone giving the Sharks a chance this year?

i$:LimpDisk

Veteran X
Since relocating to the northwest I havent been able to follow the SJ Sharks this season. They seem to be pretty dominant (#2 team in west and up 3-1 in series vs blues) I have noticed that nobody on espn or any sports show talk about them much. I guess my question is to anyone who follows hockey closely....Do the sharks have a chance at the western conference finals this year, or even making the cup finals? Any insight would be appreciated.

i picked them to play the B's in the finals before the playoffs.....before the year i picked them to suck (as did 95%) of the peeps...

herbtown said:
i picked them to play the B's in the finals before the playoffs.....before the year i picked them to suck (as did 95%) of the peeps...

yeah...i thought they were going to be complete shit too

i was very surprised to hear they were doing this well

u mean u just heard ?

u don't hit the espn.com or nhl.com urls? pfft

u whacko....they were dominating their division and the western conf since november....they won like 1 game outa their first 5 or 6 then boom...went on a tear....

herbtown said:
u mean u just heard ?

u don't hit the espn.com or nhl.com urls? pfft

u whacko....they were dominating their division and the western conf since november....they won like 1 game outa their first 5 or 6 then boom...went on a tear....

i knew all along they were dominating

i just havent been able to follow them closely because i cant watch any of the games

i just dont really have much insight as to what makes them great or if they were going to have a chance in the post season since nobody seems to talk about them much or give them a chance.

what makes them great is solid goaltending, solid defense, and fast, young scorers who aren't afraid to play physically....

who?

nils ekman is awesome...cheechoo rox....ricci is my fave player not a bruin in the nhl....the entire line2 are explosive (offensive) and solid 2way forwards....

Damphousse--Marleau--Brown
Korolyuk--McCauley--Ekman
Thornton--Ricci--Cheechoo
Dimitrakos--Smith/Primeau--Parker/Harvey

D Rathje--Marshall
D McLaren--Preissing
D Hannan--Stuart

oh and sturm is hurt..... ;f

with nabby and the depth the sharks have....it's not unlikely to see them hoisting the stanley cup following the finals.... :eek:

Last edited:
One of the CBS Sportsline editors picked the Sharks to win it all. Of course none of the others even predicted they would make it out of the West.

i am rooting for them because san jose is like 30 minutes away

other than that i have no interest in hockey

You know, I follow the NHL pretty close and for some reason SJ just completely stayed under my radar. I was pretty surprised when I looked at the West standings a few weeks before the season ended and there they were.

I haven't even watched any of their playoff games :eek: They seem to be a solid team though, I'll have to check them out before they finish off the Blues

Back