NHL 08 Review

So after playing for a few days I've decided this is the best NHL game to date. These are all based on xbox live play.

Pros:

1. Better skating, fluid movements, more control of player/puck.
2. Realistic goals, no more glitch wraparounds.
3. AHL team addition
4. Shootout with stats. Instead of just playing a normal match you can now just play shootouts against opponents with seperate record/stats.
5. Powerplays are now ACTUAL powerplays. You can can setup the puck and actually feel like there's an advantage. 07 every skater was the same speed so 5v4's felt like 5v5's
6. Again in 07 skaters all skated at full speed all the time, now the speed variates depending on the skating movements. Which allows a player with more skill to have an advantage getting to the puck.
7. Practice mode (always wanted this)

9.2/10

A++++ WOULD BUY AGAIn

Cons:

None yet.

Last edited:
pros: what you said
cons:
-team online doesn't work , it does rarely but its broken, says disconnected or some shit at the athems
-when trying to play rematched games sometimes it will lag like crazy (offline)
-no stick breaking (from what ive seen)
-fighting system needs alot of work

9/10

best nhl game out there. it plays just like real hockey for the most part and is actually challenging. i love cycling the puck it makes the game worth picking up over nhl 07. the online (when it works) is fucking fantastic, hardly any lag.
this is for the 360 version. the game usually runs over 30fps but drops sometimes still. i cant imagine how horrible the fps is on ps3 according to madden.

and for you who cannot google the rebok edge uniform system code is:

Code:
h3oyxpwksf8ibcgt

Last edited:
PC Version blows again. Requiring Shockwave and Flash to even see the main menu is fucked up. Maybe 2010 will be a new game rather than rehashed 05/06.

Hmm, might have to make the purchase.

The thing I hate most about hockey games is the shitty powerplays, never feels like one. Glad to hear they sorted it out.

Maybe I should sell back 07 and get 08.
I still had a hard time with D in 07, i would always overshoot the puck carrier transitioning from backwards to forwards. It got to the point where I wouldnt switch to the D player.

Back