[NFL]Fantasy Trade [HALP]

keneth16

Veteran X
Ok, I really don't know much about football but I'm doing a couple teams this season. Long story short, should I trade Braylon Edwards(58pts) for Jamal Lewis (42pts)?

Here is my team.

QB: Carson Palmer
WR: Roy Williams
WR: Randy Moss
WR: Kevin Curtis
RB: Clinton Portis
RB: DeAngelo Williams
TE: Chris Barker
K: Shayne Graham
Def: Pittsburgh

Bench players:
RB: Larry Johnson
TE: L.J. Smith
WR: Braylon Edwards
QB: Brett Favre
Def: Minnesota

Cliffs:
- I have no clue about football (followed a mock draft listing)
- Edwards is on my bench, but will be useful in bye weeks and possibly injuries.
- Is Lewis going to worth picking up with my other RB's?

Any advice here would be great.

why do you have favre on your bench?

i was about to rip you a new asshole for saying that, but favre is playing against minnesota and palmer is playing against the pats this week, so id definately put favre in.

i was also going to rip the OP too for benching LJ, but hes been injured 2 days in a row so meh.

edit: and dont do the trade

Go for it. you have prolly one of the best reciever groups possible, however your RBs need work, portis is decent, but carolina backs usually suck for fantasy. both of your starting RBs share time with a seccond back so you wont get good production. Another runner will help especially since Lewis is the main guy in cleveland. Either way braylon edwards and jamal lewis both suck so its either edwards getting 80 yards/0-1 td a game or lewis getting 50-100 yards and 1 TD a game. I think lewis will provide much better return for you.

uh, Palmer is definitely still the better play this week as they will undoubtedly air it out and minnesota has a great d.

You guys need a better than a 9/5 roster/bench ratio. What happens if you got 2 WRs and a RB with a bye the same week? Gotta start dropping your starters? Your RB depth is real weak, so I like the trade except for the fact that Jamal Lewis is real sketchy and has had a good start that may not last. But the same goes for Edwards.

uh, Palmer is definitely still the better play this week as they will undoubtedly air it out and minnesota has a great d.

gentlemans bet: if carson palmer throws more tds than interceptions, my sig is yours to edit and vice versa.

ps: i have chad johnson on my team and i still believe this.

Go for it. you have prolly one of the best reciever groups possible, however your RBs need work, portis is decent, but carolina backs usually suck for fantasy. both of your starting RBs share time with a seccond back so you wont get good production. Another runner will help especially since Lewis is the main guy in cleveland. Either way braylon edwards and jamal lewis both suck so its either edwards getting 80 yards/0-1 td a game or lewis getting 50-100 yards and 1 TD a game. I think lewis will provide much better return for you.

Ok, so what RB would I bench then?

don't want to make a new ff thread, so quick question

favre or schaub?

favre is going against minnesota, but schaub has the revenge factor as he's playing the falcons... not sure

its really just a matter of how much you value edwards, if i had your team i would offer him up for a better RB than jamal lewis (inflated numbers from the cin-cle game). majority of fantasy owners overvalue RBs and draft them ahead of WRs/QBs that will get them more points, and around week 3-4 they realize they dont need them and go for WR/QB. id say hold onto edwards and get something better.

don't want to make a new ff thread, so quick question

favre or schaub?

favre is going against minnesota, but schaub has the revenge factor as he's playing the falcons... not sure

id take favre, in a roundabout way the fact that minnesota has allowed the most running yards is testament to the fact their front seven are getting dominated, and is also the reason favre is going to do so well (overall, ive seen the favre desperation throws too :p)

How about which QB does better fantasy wise? (I'm a pats fan and I still believe this)

nah, thats too much of a toss-up. i just have a hunch that palmer, a protypical pocket passer, is going to have the pats d causing him to throw off target. the only thing that irks me is that chad johnson can go and get those off passes, randy moss does the same for the pats.

so, we can do a normal gentlemans bet for points, ill take favre.

that one game by cleveland was a flash in the pan

eventually cleveland is going to have to play the Ravens twice and Pittsburgh twice

it's like trading one bag of shit for another, but you have damned good receivers, with DeAngelo "I Suck at Life" Williams starting...

Back