[NFL] 2018 Off-season & Draft

The 2018 NFL Draft will be the 83rd annual meeting of National Football League franchises to select newly eligible players. The draft will be held from April 26 to 28. It will be held at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
:lol:

Thoughts on quenton nelson? Paging naptown

I totally want bears to draft him

I bet he goes before the 8th though

Thoughts on quenton nelson? Paging naptown

I totally want bears to draft him

I bet he goes before the 8th though

probably the best guard i've ever seen

i cant find the link w/ all the pancake highlights but this one is very good

Twitter

"it's a 6 man protection scheme; 5 OL and a back - the center/qb turns the protection to the left (center, Nelson, McGlinchey are responsible for gap to their left and the RG and RT are in man protection guard with #1 DL and RT with #2). The back helps to the right and is responsible (I assume) for inside out blitz protection.

Georgia sends an overload to our right (likely knowing that we turn our protection away from our running back because we are easy to scheme against) and only one to the left; I cannot see here but I assume the DE drops into curl/flat zone. We only have 3 guys to block their 4 (RG, RT, back) but the center does end up helping on the crash but that is still a 2 vs. 1 and not a pass off). Nelson checks to make sure that the DT and DE aren't running an inside stunt/game because he's responsible for B gap first. When it's clear that his side is empty, he gets his head on a swivel and cleans up.

Really above and beyond what you would expect even at the NFL level. I think Nelson is going to be an All Pro for many years assuming he stays healthy and I hope like hell everyone passes on him until SF picks because he's "just a guard."

Imagine him blocking for jimmy g
If bears skip him at 8 and he goes to sf im going to rage out but its prob better if he stays off the colts or bears we dont deserve good

honestly i cant remember him having a bad game last year

even when ND got curb stomped against miami, he put elite DL on their backs like they were scout teamers

such a waste of talent under BK

i kno its boring to watch OL highlights but hes an anomaly 4 sure

id love to see him under hiestand in chicago

Last edited:
Looks like Barkley will go to the Giants. He'll be a lot of fun to watch, but I'm not sure he improves the team that much tbh. I mean they went 3-13. It's a start I guess. Probably better than picking up some qb that'll flop

For some reason a bunch of Johnny Manziel stories are popping up, saying he should be hired. Here's a pic of his GF on the beach in Miami.
Johnny Manziels Hot Fiancee Thongs Out In Miami | TMZ.com
Not Work Safe

https://media.tmz.com/2018/02/28/0228-johnny-manziel-brie-tiesi-miami-beach-bikini-shirtless-photos-launch-3.jpg

And to think, people go to jail for taking up skirt pictures and there it is on the beach to see.

Miami, don't even think about hiring another wash up.
Not Work Safe

No one cares about johnny anymore ngfm

Miami needs to trade landry

Eagles acquired DL Michael Bennett and a 2018 seventh-round pick from the Seahawks in exchange for WR Marcus Johnson and a 2018 fifth-round pick.

The rich get richer. Eagles EVP Howie Roseman may be the most aggressive decision-maker in the biz, and he adds Bennett to an already-loaded defensive line. The Seahawks were dangling Bennett to, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, "quiet things down a little bit" and clear cap space. Bennett has long been outspoken on social issues, something the Eagles aren't afraid of in the least bit, considering they employ Malcolm Jenkins, Chris Long, and Torrey Smith. And still won the Super Bowl. How about that? Bennett is 32 but remains an absolute asset. He and Fletcher Cox will likely man the interior on passing downs, with Brandon Graham and Derek Barnett coming off the edges. Fellow DLs Timmy Jernigan and Chris Long are also in the mix. Good luck to opposing offensive linemen. This likely spells the end for DE Vinny Curry in Philly.

Ian Rapoport Ian Rapoport @RapSheet #Seahawks CB Richard Sherman has told teammates goodbye over the past 24 hours, sources say, and that he won’t be on the team. Those close to him say nothing is set in stone and there has been no official word. But clearly bears watching

Back