News: Tribes: Vengeance Skinning Contest

Alright, im done, finished, submitted! (please let me know if anything is missing or something Col :) )

I did the regular texture's, specular mask, bump map, and luminosity maps for both the body and the head. All completly different from the orginal.

Here are some posed renders with the bump and specular map turned on. Note that the glow from the luminosity will only show up ingame with the proper shaders. Props to Chem for doing a quick rig for me. Also note that I suck at lighting and rendering, haha.

pose3_spec.jpg

Bump map render:
pose3_bump.jpg

and here's something I just played with for a funny little pose:
pose1_spec.jpg

I mean no disrespect to the orginal artists, please dont hate me. :)

And the 100% Self Illuminating render that I posted before.

I'll post the flats After the contest is over, hehe.

Also, as im sure everyone else is doing, win or lose these will be made available for download from my site after the release of T:V.

I like dunce_boy's and cyclo's blue version, so far
Maybe make cyclo's blue version a little more metallic and shining like dunce_boy's

dunce_boy, was the different inner material for the arms supposed to be different than the inner material for the legs on purpose?

looks kinda weird for me :ftard:

foolish said:
dunce_boy, was the different inner material for the arms supposed to be different than the inner material for the legs on purpose?

looks kinda weird for me :ftard:

Actually that just covers half of the arm...you can see where it ends. You cant really see it from those shots I guess, but the underneath has the same stuff as the legs. :)

Thanks for the comments guys.

Here's mine, pretty close to being done, nothing major from this point should change.

My first ever attempt at skinning, I like it.
I wish I knew how to use 3ds to do some of the lighting effects.
Carbon Fiber/Digital camo look.
ZombFinal.jpg

Last edited:
Ionno...

Trinity's dark orange one fits best w/ the theme, so if I was the judge I'd choose that, but they're both a tie in my books for l33tness ;D

*bows to Dunce Boy*

Amazing work man, that is just wonderful.

MY set never seems to get any closer to being done and I have redone just about everything on it 2-3 times at least. Plus now that I see the detail Dunce coaxed out of his I feel like ditching it all over again :)

1111.jpg

1112.jpg

I like it Yak...looks great....lot of style to it.
Those pics dont look like they do it justice though...up the jpg quality on your next pimp. Hope you finish it up, it defently has a lot of potential.

Oh, and Breadman, just so you know, Vicelord only did a recolor of Trinity's picture as a suggestion to him....its still Trin's skin. hehe :)

Back