[News] T:V News on GameSpot!

Yes, the laser rifle in both T1 and T2 was hitscan.

Looks like LD/S might be in for a little makeover...

And jawa, yes, new skiing mechanic.

Looks like now you'll be able to "double disc jump". Basically you DJ, turn 180 in your plane of movement, then hit the force dump and ride...

Chasing and capping just got a hell of a lot more interesting too I think.

Marweas said:
Wow, way to leave off the most important line Gamespot:

"Every pack now has a passive and active function."

You receive some benefit from simply having the pack on, and then another benefit when you activate it.

:jawdrop:

wicked. detail each now. i assume repair slowly repairs you. energy recharges your stuff.... detail other packs, now :D

Colosus said:
And now it uses ammo.

? they said it uses your energy?

edit:

This long-range, energy-based weapon will let you fire a superheated energy beam to strike at your enemies from afar. The sniper rifle will actually let you charge up your shots by drawing upon your armor's power reserves

sweeeetness.

i like the sound of the passive/active system, in that it sounds like it'll build in some more depth to already known objects.

It appears to use energy and ammo.

Overall I'm not very impressed with the way that article was written. It was very ambiguous.

So, now instead of a repair gun, the repair pack is just going to auto repair things when you turn it on?

Marweas said:

You receive some benefit from simply having the pack on, and then another benefit when you activate it.

Personally, this quote really got me excited for T:V:

You can even use this ability to fly over tall hills

you read right, tall hills. Q4 2004 can't come soon enough.

Marweas said:

umm yay? Yeah thats a good thing to know.

Oh shit yeah. This is begining to sound better and better.

"energy reserve burst" must be the reason they didn't have the grapple hook. ^_^

Void|deadjawa said:
So, now instead of a repair gun, the repair pack is just going to auto repair things when you turn it on?

The repair pack in passive mode slowly restores your health. When at full charge, the active mode starts healing everything in a radius. Once healing/repairs start, you don't need to stick around.

The other thing Gamespot looks to have left out is that packs have their own energy meters and do NOT run off suit energy.

edit: to clarify the energy pack

The energy pack in passive mode provides more energy for you to draw from, very much like the old epack. When activated, it provides a small boost (which can be used to stop or change direction if you face another way). The boost is not nearly as powerful as a disc jump.

Last edited:
hitscan: insta-hit. trajectory and flight is not calculated, the weapon is non-dodgeable. As soon as the trigger is pulled, the hit is registered and the damage calculated.

This is the definition of hitscan I am used to...

How was the laser rifle not hitscan in either of the previous games? Last I checked there was no travel time on the laser rifle's shot... it was the only instant hit weapon in the game.

So, the energy pack's active function is that energy dump thing? Its passive function is the energy pack we know and love then I assume...

The repair pack's active function is a fast repair? Its passive function is that it regenerates things around it?

Cool. I'm glad to see things are diverging from T1/T2.

Back