News: T:V FAQ

old_skul said:
In the last question about skiing (which disturbed me greatly), you refer to Irrational as Inevitable.

An inevitable mistake, perhaps, but not an irrational one.

:lol:
Having just finished Tribes Aerial Assault with Inevitable, having them working on Hobbit in the office now, and then Hiring Irrational, I can't tell you how many time's I've said one or the other. At one point back during the roll out of Tribes Aerial Assault I posted "Irrational" all thru a message and then had to go back and edit it later that day. Surprisingly nobody noticed.

james said:
Nothing will ever live up to Tribes1.
This is exactly the attitude I'm looking for in the designer of my next game, "Everything sucks, so bite me!". In the game you play a bitter guy who gets no sex and lives in his parents basement. There is no game-play, you just sit around and bitch about everything. It's about non-achievement. You'll all hate it. No, really.

uggg...I read this thread and then justgave up:
Who votes we get a REAL Sniper Rifle?
Cerberus T3 - 10:57pm May 1, 2003 PST
what the hell is with a flimsy laser rifle, that barely scratches anything but a lighty, and does not have a 1 hit kill? I think that T:V should have a bullet-based-4-second-per-shot Sniper Rifle. Whos With Me? One of the Main reasons I quit T2 Was because of that damn ass-scratcher of a weapon! (as you can tell im a sniper).

Happy Hunting...

Cerberus T3

The irony is WebX ain't cheap. :)

A minor nitpick in the FAQ: While people from Irrational worked on Thief, it was actually developed by (the late) Looking Glass and then published by Eidos.​

I'm still very encouraged that TV may possibly be a great game. Aside from the obvious concerns about dealing with cheating and the arguments over scripting options, my greatest concern is what seems to be a vague response concerning unique id.

Hopefully I'm just not understanding this clearly, but please reassure me. Our in game identities (and reputations) are important to the life of our virtual community.

WeRe-|WoLf|- said:
I'm still very encouraged that TV may possibly be a great game. Aside from the obvious concerns about dealing with cheating and the arguments over scripting options, my greatest concern is what seems to be a vague response concerning unique id.

Hopefully I'm just not understanding this clearly, but please reassure me. Our in game identities (and reputations) are important to the life of our virtual community.

I think more so if you're a faggot who gets banned from a server for being a faggot you'll need to buy a new game in order to play there again.

Back